Ben Foster

it seems we want to free up a foreign spot if we go ahead with this deal? lose bravo and sign foster? if thats the case just bring joe back?
Pep & Joe could never work together full stop.Too big an ego on both sides,

Besides which, strange as it may seem, Joe’s form has deteriorated so badly over the last couple of years or so, I now think that, if it was straight a choice between the two, Joe is now the much poorer keeper.

This has a Richard Wright air about it, so I would actually support the move (with Gunn coming is a second choice, cup keeper, that is).

For one second, just think about training every day. 11 vs 11. Working on tactics, defensive shape. One 11 is training with Ederson, perfectly doing what Pep wants. The other 11 has Foster humping it long.
Bravo is as good a back up keeper as we could get. Ederson is much better, but if Bravo plays, we play the same. Swap Bravo for Foster and we're back to giving the ball away 60-70% of the time the keeper has it.
It would totally disrupt us.

Which means: it's bollocks/not happening.

Would be the absolute perfect Richard Wright replacement, but as a second choice? No thanks. Not similar enough to Ederson, we'd have to change our whole style of play every time he came into the team.

TBF there aint that many keepers who play like ED. It would be easier to teach an outside player how to keep than teach a keeper how to play football. Sure David Silva would make a great keeper :-)

This has a Richard Wright air about it, so I would actually support the move (with Gunn coming is a second choice, cup keeper, that is).

Was hoping to see Gunn be second choice but sounds like he wants to play and we're willing to cash in.

Was hoping to see Gunn be second choice but sounds like he wants to play and we're willing to cash in.
Yeah, just saw that in his thread. A little disappointed but understand his and the club’s position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.