Ben Foster

Out of contract at Watford this May.
Be a good back up to Eddy, with the bonus that he wouldn’t be taking up a foreign spot
Be surprised if they don’t extend - he’s been one of their stand out players.

Not a bad shot stopper but isn't too clever with the ball at his feet, and is the same age as Bravo (isn't any better either). Nope for me

Last edited:
As difficult as it can be for a number 2 at a top club chasing honours every year secretly hoping the number one gets injured we need better than Foster I would rather we keep Bravo.

The secret to success and sustained success is to replace someone with a younger at at least better replacement having depth across all areas so that you cope with injuries better.

Not having two regular CB's of quality this year and a replacement who truly knows how to defend and assist the goal keeper in keeping clean sheets is the main reason we are 19 points behind Liverpool ( assuming they win their game in hand ) and not at their coat tails as we should be this year.

As difficult as it can be for a number 2 at a top club chasing honours every year secretly hoping the number one gets injured we need better than Foster I would rather we keep Bravo.

The secret to success and sustained success is to replace someone with a younger at at least better replacement having depth across all areas so that you cope with injuries better.

Not having two regular CB's of quality this year and a replacement who truly knows how to defend and assist the goal keeper in keeping clean sheets is the main reason we are 19 points behind Liverpool ( assuming they win their game in hand ) and not at their coat tails as we should be this year.
Problem we have is, keepers will have to play second fiddle, that’s why someone with premiership experience and as good as Foster are in short supply. Hard to attract a keeper in their 20s, knowing Eddie is in front of you for potentially next 10 years, unless his game falls apart ala Joe Hart

Think we deffo need a home grown no.2 keeper to preserve foreign player spots. It’s finding someone suitable - good with their feet and probably who’s a bit older and happy to trade regular football for a decent contract.

Not better than Bravo?
Not the same guy, but Foster is definitely a better shot stopper than Bravo. Foster is saving Watford a couple times per match, he's excellent. But Bravo is better with his feet.

I think we'll have problems finding a homegrown keeper that's a good enough second choice, and that would be fine being strictly behind Ederson. We could get Heaton or Foster who are excellent shot stoppers and would probably want to collect a last big paycheck. But their technical ability would leave questions, so we'd probably have to build up differently from the back when they play.

Not the same guy, but Foster is definitely a better shot stopper than Bravo. Foster is saving Watford a couple times per match, he's excellent. But Bravo is better with his feet.

I think we'll have problems finding a homegrown keeper that's a good enough second choice, and that would be fine being strictly behind Ederson. We could get Heaton or Foster who are excellent shot stoppers and would probably want to collect a last big paycheck. But their technical ability would leave questions, so we'd probably have to build up differently from the back when they play.

Bravo might be better with his feet but is pretty useless with his hands which for a GK is not great tbh!

For me Foster as a number 2 is a massive upgrade. That being said can’t see him wanting to come and be 2nd choice when for the form he’s in he could probably be no 1 for at least 10 of the other Prem teams.

Bravo might be better with his feet but is pretty useless with his hands which for a GK is not great tbh!

For me Foster as a number 2 is a massive upgrade. That being said can’t see him wanting to come and be 2nd choice when for the form he’s in he could probably be no 1 for at least 10 of the other Prem teams.
I definitely agree. Whenever Bravo plays I don't expect him to save anything at all. Every shot or cross seems to be a goal for our opponents. We could probably stick Stones in goal with similar results. Bravo is a build from the back merchant who forgot his goalkeeping abilities in Barcelona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.