Ben Gibson

He is even less a Pep player than Mangala, though.

He is a great defender but when I watch him I sometimes forget I'm not watching Leeds in the early 90s.

Whilst I agree to an extent, he's a leader, albeit a young one. He has time to learn Pep's style, but you can't teach to be a leader.

He's the antithesis of Stones. Get them together and good things will happen :-)

Whilst I agree to an extent, he's a leader, albeit a young one. He has time to learn Pep's style, but you can't teach to be a leader.

He's the antithesis of Stones. Get them together and good things will happen :-)
Perhaps I am being harsh and his "huff it first" defending is more to do with Swansea's tactics (and predicament toward the end of last season) than his full attributes.

That said, given Swansea's precarious position going into the season, I imagine he would not be cheap, especially if we come knocking.

Perhaps I am being harsh and his "huff it first" defending is more to do with Swansea's tactics (and predicament toward the end of last season) than his full attributes.

That said, given Swansea's precarious position going into the season, I imagine he would not be cheap, especially if we come knocking.

Probably not, but he lead the U21 defence this summer and did really well. Maybe it's just me, but he ticks a lot of boxes.

Pep wants personalities and he's proven he stands up when it's counted.

Doesn't he play for boro?

I like Gibson, good defender and decent on the ball for his size, but he's slow and Boro play a low block. Theoretically he's not going fair as well in a team where his starting position in on the halfway line (or higher)

£15m + some addons. There is no reason why we should be forced to pay more for a player from the Championship

Don't waste time if Boro think they can take the piss over someone who hasn't even played for England yet. Let Gibson push for the move if he wants it.

I live in Boro and a lot of folk up here love him. That said, I don't think he is quite good enough to play for City. He's not overly quick and he's pretty average on the ball. Wouldn't make a tonne of sense to be honest. Also worth noting Boro under Karanka were quite possibly the most risk averse team I've seen for a while. He had plenty of protection.

Looks a decent prospect and maybe with a bit of fine tuning and time learning Pep's system, he could become an half decent centre back (another Gary Cahill perhaps).

Don't know where this £25m valuation has come from though that is being bandied around on here!? Forget Neymar's fee, if Ben Gibson is going for anywhere near £25m, then the World really has gone mad!

A fee of that size would be outrageous for someone who has only shown signs of potential and to be honest, didn't really stand out last season. I'd rather give Mangala a second chance or promote Tosin and give him a crack if that's the case!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.