Ben White

We paid 50m for him from Brighton and there was a lot of risk associated that fee. The risk has paid off so why would we sell for 50m? Then we would have to take another risk to replace him without being rewarded for getting it right. Always fit too, never injured.

Would you invest in a start up, the start up does well, then sell your shares for the same price you paid for them? Madness

We would ask for 70-80m. Yeah I know, you wont pay that. Therefore, pretty much means it wont be happening.

Of course it's not happening. Decent enough defender but we've already got better and the money it would take would make no sense at all.

Even without clicking the links above, I can see they're obviously just shite opinion pieces anyway.

We paid 50m for him from Brighton and there was a lot of risk associated that fee. The risk has paid off so why would we sell for 50m? Then we would have to take another risk to replace him without being rewarded for getting it right. Always fit too, never injured.

Would you invest in a start up, the start up does well, then sell your shares for the same price you paid for them? Madness

We would ask for 70-80m. Yeah I know, you wont pay that. Therefore, pretty much means it wont be happening.
You paid 50m for a CB that could not defend so Arteta turned him into a decent RB, not sure where this story originated from, do the Arse want him out?

Think he would be a really good signing. A slightly younger version of stones who wouldn’t moan about not always starting - for now
Why would he be happy about not always starting?

He plays regularly for the arse, so coming here as a back up is a simple no, no.

You paid 50m for a CB that could not defend so Arteta turned him into a decent RB, not sure where this story originated from, do the Arse want him out?
Of course he can defend. He was turned into RB to accommodate Saliba into the backline. He never gives up possession is press resistant and is one of our most important players. He is capable at both RB and CB.

And no, Arsenal do not want him out. Mainly reports saying Gaurdiola likes him and given Walker is 33 City are on the lookout for a new RB and White maybe on the shortlist. Some have suggested 50m is a fair fee, and all I have done is point out a 50m offer would be rejected outright.

If, and its if, the stories are true, its likely Guardiola will need to look elsewhere as I doubt we would be selling you our first team players while we are on an upward trajectory.

Ever since the Zinchenko and Jesus sales, and because Arteta and Pep are mates, some journalists think there is this 'good' relationship between Arsenal and Man City, which supposedly means deals between clubs are now a thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.