Benefit Street on Channel 4

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
KpxSte said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Stopped reading at this point.

Was you offended and took the opportunity to ignore my argument and therefore win by default? You lefties should employ that strategy more often...

It's 'Were' you offended, but I'll put that down to Tory education cuts.
Anyone who considers New Labour to be in any way a 'leftie' party is simply too deluded to debate with.

Was you all giddy when the chance came to play your superiority card?

levets said:
My two penneth...

The fat lad being pestered to look for work... eventually takes on a job, but works for 4 days and doesn't earn a penny.

Commission only jobs of this nature should be banned...

The government should look into this abuse of labour. I bet the 'threshold' for pay is impossible to achieve?

It wasn't 'voluntary' work was it?

although he was good at doing wheelies and skids, which I for one always look for in a likely employee...

york away to this! said:
levets said:
My two penneth...

The fat lad being pestered to look for work... eventually takes on a job, but works for 4 days and doesn't earn a penny.

Commission only jobs of this nature should be banned...

The government should look into this abuse of labour. I bet the 'threshold' for pay is impossible to achieve?

It wasn't 'voluntary' work was it?

although he was good at doing wheelies and skids, which I for one always look for in a likely employee...

haha... I remember saying to the mrs... "How old is he? I used to do that when I was 10"

Blue Hefner said:
Pigeonho said:
Blue Hefner said:
Watching it now.

Never mind being unemployed, on benefits or being a multi-millionaire. There is no excuse for having a house that untidy or having a child with dirty feet(indoors!)
Or giving them a bath/clothing them 'because important people are coming round'. Skanks.

I don't like the idea of programmes like this becuase it lives up to the national stereotype but the people in it don't do themselves any favors!

I'm not a parent but if I was, I cannot imagine putting my child in a locked porch at all never mind '6 or 7' times a day
its propaganda. no coincidence that this has been broadcast at this time.

i dont know whether to feel sorry for some of them. the ginger girl with the kids, she fiddled with her benefits but i dont think that was her being some sort of fraud artist, she was just on her arse with money and had to feed her kids.

or shes a scumbag. difficult one really, the 5 months i spent on the dole were hell though and wouldn't wish living like that on anybody.

Why Always Ste said:
Mustard Dave said:
Why Always Ste said:
Ms Roberts, a qualified youth and support worker, was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class B drugs but has not been charged with any offence and is currently on police bail.

Where in my one sentence post do I say she has been charged?

You didn't, I was just pointing out that she was not charged :)

She's been charged now: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/benefits-street-residents-charged-with-drug-offences-9085986.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 85986.html</a>

Properties owned by a millionaire (thats a surprise!) Tory MP.........Fookin joke<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:07 pm --<br /><br />
KpxSte said:
The Pink Panther said:
KpxSte said:
Primary school - Free
Secondary school - Free
College - Free
University - Free (until you earn over £21k a year at which point you start paying some of the costs back and this wasn't a Tory policy)

So how are they pricing people out of an education?

Unemployed ex-students!

I'd like to know how you work that one out

Which part? University fees don't need paying back until you start earning £21k per year. Therefore free at the point of use and until you can afford to pay them back. It was brought in by labour.

Hmmm .......have you tried getting a loan / mortgage / credit card or finance with a debt of £21k behind you?

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Properties owned by a millionaire (thats a surprise!) Tory MP.........Fookin joke

-- Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:07 pm --

KpxSte said:
The Pink Panther said:
I'd like to know how you work that one out

Which part? University fees don't need paying back until you start earning £21k per year. Therefore free at the point of use and until you can afford to pay them back. It was brought in by labour.

Hmmm .......have you tried getting a loan / mortgage / credit card or finance with a debt of £21k behind you?

Student loans post 1998 are repaid through the tax system and don't show on a credit check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.