Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was excellent. Interesting to see how this impacts on sane. I noticed when Mendy crossed to augers for his third - Pepe said to sane that’s what you need to do. Think pep has a few issues with sane. No evidence just a gut feel - he seems harsh on him.

He’s managing his youthfulness, I wouldn’t want another manager doing so as he can elevate him to one of the top players in world football!!

Was excellent. Interesting to see how this impacts on sane. I noticed when Mendy crossed to augers for his third - Pepe said to sane that’s what you need to do. Think pep has a few issues with sane. No evidence just a gut feel - he seems harsh on him.
Not harsh, just tough management. He done it with Sterling. Going out on a limb here. Management of people has become very centred on "them" and not us. It's all very touchy feely, and maybe it's to time for a return to tough love.

As for Mendy, the lad has a talent for crossing the ball that just can't be taught. Sane has other strengths.

It's going to be interesting to see how teams guard against Mendy. It's another problem for them. He's that good at crossing that they won't be able to just ignore him. However, putting someone close to him then leaves space for others to work in - and that's her Silva's and KdBs!

He's a character but also such a nice lad. It's clear his teammates love him and the feeling is mutual. He's a tank on the left flank and despite it being Huddersfield, he completely dominated that entire side.
This asymmetrical formation approach by Pep was such a nice wrinkle. Completely dominated them in every facet. It's crazy that last year's record breaking team could yet still reach new heights.

Well, if there is any definition of a world class LB then this lad is it - yesterday showed us just what we missed last season. And I know at the time his injury did us no favours, but christ that injury last season has made him more driven and focused to achieve things in our shirt this season

Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.