Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it wasn't taken care of by Sane though. You still have an attacking forward along with Mendy on the pitch. Fernadinho, Laporte, and Ed provide more than enough cover for his defensive frailties. I'm not even convinced he's as bad as he's made out to be.

How wasn't it taken care of by Sane? He was outstanding and young player of the year. Add to that Delph played brilliant and the team looked more balanced it is difficult to understand your point. Against Newcastle Mendy was clearly told to play inside and not bomb on(hence only putting about 2 crosses in) so without a left footed forward we had nobody going on the outside and the supply to the 2 strikers was very limited by our high standards.

Last edited:
As above,he provided an assist but a liability in defence.He needs to be rotated accordingly.
He does but Pep did point out Walker has learnt how to play in the system and Mendy is just starting from scratch this season. Whether he has the intelligence to adapt and learn we'll have to wait and see, but won't judge yet. Otherwise though for now he could be rotated with Delph but longer term it might become an issue.

He does but Pep did point out Walker has learnt how to play in the system and Mendy is just starting from scratch this season. Whether he has the intelligence to adapt and learn we'll have to wait and see, but won't judge yet. Otherwise though for now he could be rotated with Delph but longer term it might become an issue.
Walker was streets ahead of Mendy in regards defending when he arrived,he has a natural instinct which i'm not sure Mendy can learn.I'd most definitely be bringing Delph in to the side when we face the opponents capable of putting us on the back foot.

Walker was streets ahead of Mendy in regards defending when he arrived,he has a natural instinct which i'm not sure Mendy can learn.I'd most definitely be bringing Delph in to the side when we face the opponents capable of putting us on the back foot.

I would like to see an experiment of both. Perhaps with Delph at left back but moving into a bogus back 3 position when Walker goes forward & inside fullback when Walker is back. Mendy told to track back & support Delph when teams attack down the left.

I think that could be a pretty solid formation with a bit of work.

If Walker is streets ahead of Mendy in defending, Mendy is in massive trouble!

I would like to see an experiment of both. Perhaps with Delph at left back but moving into a bogus back 3 position when Walker goes forward & inside fullback when Walker is back. Mendy told to track back & support Delph when teams attack down the left.

I think that could be a pretty solid formation with a bit of work.
Who would you sacrice to accommodate that set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.