Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the impression Pep doesn't want him to play at the WC given he wasn't even in the squad yesterday. If he is fit, then surely he'd be on the bench as a minimum and they'd have had some sort of agreement to give him as many minutes as possible to give him the best chance to make the squad. From a selfish perspective, I hope he doesn't go and gets a full pre-season with City under his belt learning Pep's methods before being 100% fit for August.

Get the impression Pep doesn't want him to play at the WC given he wasn't even in the squad yesterday. If he is fit, then surely he'd be on the bench as a minimum and they'd have had some sort of agreement to give him as many minutes as possible to give him the best chance to make the squad. From a selfish perspective, I hope he doesn't go and gets a full pre-season with City under his belt learning Pep's methods before being 100% fit for August.
He was very quiet on Social Media yesterday which is very unlike him.
Mendy has publicly stated that he's '100% ready and wants go to a WC'. Which looks a bit irresponsible on his part as there's a certain probability of a relapse at this stage. Getting subbed on in a low-intensity games is fine, taking part in a competitive matches of the highest level is entirely different thing.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pep gave him a bollocking and told something like 'you're not going to WC, want it or not.'

Mendy has publicly stated that he's '100% ready and wants go to a WC'. Which looks a bit irresponsible on his part as there's a certain probability of a relapse at this stage. Getting subbed on in a low-intensity games is fine, taking part in a competitive matches of the highest level is entirely different thing.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pep gave him a bollocking and told something like 'you're not going to WC, want it or not.'

Very difficult line to tread for any footballer, though, let alone when in relation to the French national side. Imagine the media reaction in France if he'd made himself unavailable as publicly as he's declared himself fit and willing. :-)
I doubt he's shown sufficient fitness to warrant being picked anyway.

In fairness 80%+ of international games are low intensity.

Pep wouldn't be that silly. Do you know what the world cup means for a player?

And he is 100% healthy. He might not be fit yet. But he sure is healthy.

I hope he makes the squad and fulfils one if his dreams

Pep wouldn't be that silly. Do you know what the world cup means for a player?

And he is 100% healthy. He might not be fit yet. But he sure is healthy.

I hope he makes the squad and fulfils one if his dreams

Me too, as a professional you'll only get the chance to play in 2/3 world cups, he has every right to state his desire to go. Its also going to benefit us as he'll be getting game time.

Conversely, just think about how much fitter and ready to go he will be at the start of next season after spending weeks at the world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.