Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid performance, did very little wrong. However I think it is clear he's lost a touch of speed/explosiveness...maybe he's still not 100% and it looks like he has some weight to lose but he definitely has lost some fizz imo. He's rebounded well tough, attaboy Mendy

Yes, he's rusty and not match fit, but he's only playing because everyone else is injured, otherwise there's no way Pep would have started him last night, IMO.

Past couple of games have restored my faith in him - he clearly can defend and going the other way will come back to him as his sharpness comes back. Huge summer coming up for him to make sure he gets it right for next season

He has done great considering he has barely played in two years...will be a massive asset to the team if he stays fit in the coming years.

Hopefully he can stay fit for the remainder of the season and get a full preseason to prepare for next year. I do think we'll sign a LB in the summer, but I think Mendy will have at least one more year to prove himself.

I don't like him having the ball a lot unless it is pass to him to cross it on first touch, doesn't lok too natural with ball in his feet, but he wasn't bad defensively in these two matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.