Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t state either way my opinion, however drew comparison.

Though I don’t particularly care, Bernardo’s social media presence doesn’t seem to include playing pranks on our manager regarding whereabouts before a match day, clubbing during the season or being caught on crutches legging it down the touchline when doctors advice would have told him otherwise.

I’d argue they’re not similar for a multitude of reasons. Just like a teacher on long-term sick wouldnt be, compared to an ever present and dependable teacher who is there in the classroom.

Mendy's Uber driver is not our manager.

He is incredible & you are right, he just accepts whatever football throws at him & adapts to it.

Nobody would have given us a hope of ding what we did this season, with KDB missing for most of it. Then Fernandinho gets injured on top of it.

Watching us recently, on occasion we have had teams running at us with several players in acres of space, Gundogan & Zinchenko already wrong side of the ball, Laporte, Kompany or indeed Walker, have just stepped in, whisked the ball away & off we go again (in fact some of the biggest dangers have come from us then giving the ball away, after cleaning it up, but they solved that too). Then Ederson steps in when that goes wrong.

It would be interesting to see what Pep's team would look like, with everyone fit for ten games or so.
Nobody?

Eduardo Álvarez: "[Benjamin] Mendy is the heart and soul of the dressing room, a joker, but in there there's a bit of everything. A good range of characters. We've got a great group of guys and that was key to achieving our objectives."

I think people are underestimating the sacrifice Mendy is making to be in Barcelona doing optional extra work to try and get fit.

Theres a lot of players who have been injured taking part in the celebrations, a lot who played even less of a role than Mendy's 15 games.

To be stuck in a Barcelona hospital every day while everyone at the club, all your friends and teammates are having the time of their lives is not a small thing, he could easily be getting treated at the club and enjoying all the festivities but has gone to Barcelona for the extra few percent difference Cugat makes.

I think people are underestimating the sacrifice Mendy is making to be in Barcelona doing optional extra work to try and get fit.

Theres a lot of players who have been injured taking part in the celebrations, a lot who played even less of a role than Mendy's 15 games.

To be stuck in a Barcelona hospital every day while everyone at the club, all your friends and teammates are having the time of their lives is not a small thing, he could easily be getting treated at the club and enjoying all the festivities but has gone to Barcelona for the extra few percent difference Cugat makes.

But, but, but Twitter and social media etc.

Fair play to him, fully expected to see him on the bus at the parade the other day. I hope he comes back with a vengeance next season, we have seen nowhere near what he can do.

Hope he can get fit and stay fit, to be honest I’m not his biggest fan and not sure he’s enough of a pure footballer to make it in this team
My advice though would be to put the videos of him sweating blood in the gym all over his Instagram rather than pictures of his new clothes, having his hair cut and silver worded braces on his teeth

He irritates me jumping around celebrating trophies he hasn't won,dead right he should be at barca getting the right treatment,i don't think that deserves any sympathy really and hardly a sacrifice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.