Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 in 3 undersold his attacking contribution in those games as well, he had one unfairly taken off him because it slightly clipped an Arsenal player and another few he put on a plate were missed.

That Mendy is undoubtedly the best attacking LB in the world, it's just a question of if he can get back there.

And that is my concern. Availability is an attribute similar to pace, being able to deliver a cross, etc. In his time here his lack of availability has, frankly, made him an expensive flop.

Yes. He can be great in attack when healthy. He just usually isn't. He flatters to deceive.

And that is my concern. Availability is an attribute similar to pace, being able to deliver a cross, etc. In his time here his lack of availability has, frankly, made him an expensive flop.

Yes. He can be great in attack when healthy. He just usually isn't. He flatters to deceive.

And people said the same about Gundogan 2 years ago after he'd had 2 major knee injuries back to back. Since then he's played 50+ games a season for us.

And people said the same about Gundogan 2 years ago after he'd had 2 major knee injuries back to back. Since then he's played 50+ games a season for us.
Sure. And you know as well as I, one does not equal the other. Because one player can do it does not mean another can do it. Is it possible? Sure. But that Gundo did does not mean Mendy will.

Sure. And you know as well as I, one does not equal the other. Because one player can do it does not mean another can do it. Is it possible? Sure. But that Gundo did does not mean Mendy will.
So next season we'll find out, but between Christmas and March he was improving every game so the signs were good.

It's a long shot and I wouldn't be too bothered if we bought a better LB, most balanced one in attack and defense. But that he is capable of getting lot of assists if he comes back near his best, he certainly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.