Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm another not holding my breath, from the very little I've seen of him I've been underwhelmed, yes he can cross a ball, but I'm not convinced he is/can be a fullback (even if he ever stayed fit).

What gives you that impression? He was sensational at Monaco and before his injury he had everyone wound up on here because Pep was using Mendy for width and leaving Sane on the bench.

There’s incredible amounts of untapped value that we haven’t utilized from fullbacks. Lfc bagged 22 assists from the position. That’s orgasmic stuff in terms of game theory / expected value in a zero sum game such as football. Picking up Cancelo and having Mendy fit negates one of the few edges that they have over us.

Pep loves to talk about not being a fan of statistics or data but by the end of the season his teams and players always churn out mind blowing levels of optimal numbers. For somebody that obsessed with winning...I don’t think I buy it.

Been spotted in a bar in Serbia

The man in that picture made a thread on Reddit. Ben likes his Jack Daniels/Shisha and knows how to have a good time. They’re humans, not robots so I’m not one to shame an athlete on break but I hope he’s ready and is aware that it’s time to make things happen on the pitch first and foremost.

The man in that picture made a thread on Reddit. Ben likes his Jack Daniels/Shisha and knows how to have a good time. They’re humans, not robots so I’m not one to shame an athlete on break but I hope he’s ready and is aware that it’s time to make things happen on the pitch first and foremost.
It’s international break so probably been given the down time.

It’s international break so probably been given the down time.

Bernardo is a massive lad and goes out drinking a lot and got hammered at the christmas party according to that very good article in The Times about our domestic treble last year which clearly had loads of accurate info so I'm inclined to believe it.

Everyone needs a work/life balance.

Think a few are being unfair. He has had 2 bad injuries. If he can stay fit we have a great player and a player that can have influence in a game. He will top the assist charts with a good run in the team. Problem is he has to prove his fitness.

Looking fwd to him playing again

You’re right. I’m not entirely sure where this notion that he can’t defend actually comes from.

Tbf there have been a couple of performances where positioning seemed an issue for him, Spurs and Southampton from last season come to mind but it was hard to tell if these were issues caused by lack of playing time, familiarity with teammates/system etc. or just lack of focus/indiscipline.

I'd say at this point it's difficult to determine how good/bad he is defensively from what we've seen so far in a City shirt but the examples I gave of good defensive performances and who they were against were promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.