Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 18 Jul 2019.

1. mccity

mccity

One game. The 5-0 against Liverpool where he played in a relatively unfamiliar role at wingback. A Liverpool side nobody realised at the time was potentially world class and had Salah in it who nobody though was particularly dangerous at the time.

Salah got in behind him twice (at 0-0 and 1-0) and since then people have been quick to say he can't defend at every opportunity. Unfortunately he's been injured for so long that he's not had enough time to change people's minds, even though we had an excellent defensive record at the start of last season when he was fit, including a long run of clean sheets at one point.

2. ojeme

ojeme

Good post. I even recall that he was up against Salah at the start of last season and didn't give Salah a sniff when he didn't have to do gung-ho attacking. (I hope I remembered correctly)

3. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Yes, but does he track back?

4. karen7

karen7

Pep Guardiola on @benmendy23: "He’s good, he’s training now. I’m delighted because he has been training regularly with us for the last two weeks so hopefully in the next few games he can start to be part of the squad."

Gaudion M likes this.
  5. razman

razman

Of the bench tomorrow ?

6. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

Steady on...

7. willipp

willipp

No need for him to be on the bench until he is well and truly ready. Hold him back for a good few weeks and take no risks. If he does finally get fit for us he will be very influential.

8. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Don't think we'll see anything of him until at least the Preston game from the bench.

Trojan1962 likes this.
  9. peace frog

peace frog

I'm hoping he gets 15 mins tomorrow off the bench, with the game already put to bed, ease him back

10. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Been in full training for a month now so probably ready for a few sub appearances. Think his first start will be against Preston.