Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 18 Jul 2019.

1. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

He was rusty, but he wasn’t awful. Ffs 8 0 and you still focus on negatives

SWP's back likes this.
  2. WallyA

WallyA

Right not the best game today, but as you said he was rusty. Angelino also hasn't played this season but his first game in (while not coming from injury) he created so many chances.

Zinchenko is not our future at LB, and I LOVE him as a player, I want him to be a legend here, but it will be in midfield for us.

BosnianBlue likes this.
  3. WallyA

WallyA

Its important to remember that even with this 8-0, there isn't anything inherently wrong with analyzing mistakes or poor performances.

You can enjoy the game and notice these things.

svennis and ADegenerate like this.
  4. SWP's back

SWP's back

Yeah, people that understand football.

domalino, BosnianBlue and ADegenerate like this.
  5. simon23

simon23

no just his performance...the rest of the team ranged from great to super but mendy did give the ball away on numerous occasions in very dangerous areas.....He will neeed to improve

6. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    Great to have him back. He will hit form in time.

7. simon23

simon23

HHAHA...fuck off!

I also said it could be rustiness but he has played like that before and to say he hasnt it just being blind...go back and check his performances in other games.....fantastic going forward but very suspect at times defending.....after the first injury he ame bak and looked like he had got to grips a bit better with the defending part.

Even Pep is qouted as saying "he will need to learn how we play." Trust in Pep! ?? !!!

8. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

He will and you know that. There were a couple moments where his talent shined. That cut back low cross that almost led to a goal springs to mind.

You’re right though, there were 2/3 abysmal passes that set up chances. It’s worth keeping an eye on. I think it’s rustiness but time will tell.

simon23 likes this.
  9. simon23

simon23

Agree..

It was more tongue in cheek about Zinchenko who has done remarkably well at leftback covering for Mendy (an others)...Mendy's return gives us Zinchenko as another option in midfield and i think he will thrive there as well....just a shame he has such tough competition in front of him but again i think he will thrive off that as well

WallyA and ADegenerate like this.
  10. mccity

mccity

That's a myth. Last season we only conceded 5 in the first 12 (never more than once in a game) with a 6 match clean sheet streak with him in the team and he played a big part of that.

BosnianBlue and SWP's back like this.