Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendy will be fine.

People are talking about this as if -

1) It's news that he'd had surgery. It's not, we found out in April.

2) It's a new injury, it's not, From what we've heard, it was a surgery to get rid of an issue (swelling after games caused by scar tissue from an old surgery) which he could have played through, but they wanted to fix his knee permanently instead of him.

He's had as many knee injuries as KDB - No one is writing him off as a cripple.

He'll probably never be a 55 full games a year player like Walker, but he'll get back just fine and be the best LB in the league by May.

Sorry completey disagree.
The guys just like Ballotelli without the aggression.in years to come people won't remember his on field appearances as he never plays but will remember his off field antics, albeit occasionaly funny.
He's now had 2 seasons and barely played for us (17 games according to wiki). personally I think he was a bad signing made through the games he played against us versus Monaco. I believe he had a poor injury record there too.
I don't think he has the right attitude and desire for this level and I never rely on him playing for us.

Sorry completey disagree.
The guys just like Ballotelli without the aggression.in years to come people won't remember his on field appearances as he never plays but will remember his off field antics, albeit occasionaly funny.
He's now had 2 seasons and barely played for us (17 games according to wiki). personally I think he was a bad signing made through the games he played against us versus Monaco. I believe he had a poor injury record there too.
I don't think he has the right attitude and desire for this level and I never rely on him playing for us.

He's wrecked his knee ffs. He's not a sick note in the Darren Anderson/Jack Rodwell sense of any little ache or pain and he's on the treatment table. He's suffered just about the worst injury for a footballer and his surgery, recovery and rehab hasn't gone to plan. It happens unfortunately. Remember Lakey? Do you question his attitude and desire? Mendy has his post footballing life to consider as well. If his knee isn't properly managed, he'll be looking at knee replacement surgery at a very young age.

I don't know what you expect him to do? Play with an injured knee. He can't and the club can't risk it either.

Everything you've said about him is with the benefit of hindsight, so it's really not worth saying at all.

I'm not commenting on his inj just making a point that it's a joke that he has all that on his CV and the world cup when he has barely played,of course he can't help being injured,it's not personal

It sounds personal when you attack him over and over and over again.

Any info on when he might be fit & ready to play? Kind of feels like the club have taken a step towards giving up on him in buying Angelino despite Zinchenko’s performances at left back last season

Any info on when he might be fit & ready to play? Kind of feels like the club have taken a step towards giving up on him in buying Angelino despite Zinchenko’s performances at left back last season

I don't think the club sending him to receive lengthy and expensive medical treatment can be classed as giving up on him. He will be ready when he is ready and the last thing we will want to do is rush him back which IMO we did the last time.

Two useful games. We looked really good for much of the game with Kev in particular looking very sharp. All of the youngsters acquitted themselves well other than Angelino who’s performance in the two games was pretty abject. He has a lot of work to do. Thankfully Zinchenko was one of our best and looks sharp for this stage of the season.

Good on him.
Such a wasted case though. I mean in a good way not mocking him in any way. His low crosses hit really hard and accurately were hard to defend and it shows as he got a good amount of assists for the low number mins he played. He will be such an asset in our offense. If only. Sigh

Hopefully he can stay injury free from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.