Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When fit the best LB at the club easily. Slowly getting back to fitness and form and he will in time show why we spent so much money on him.

Thought this was his best game this season. Steadily improving.

Hard work paying off. Keep taking the ginger Ben.

Definitely signs of hope! The most encouraging thing is he’s starting to look reasonably athletic. I thought his legs had gone after all the injuries.

Just like de Bruyne, he’s starting to get that sharpness back and trust in his body. He’s only going to get better and better

Find him hard to judge as he holds his position well but when he gets the ball passes back inside to the CB.

I would love to see him tearing down the wings again. Also does not seem to get close enough to his man when defending for me.

However, this is consistently happening so must be instructions as opposed to his choice so what he is being told to do he is obviously doing well and we won.

Second half against Zagreb was the turning point.

Mendy will have a difficult task against Traore in 5 days but let's hope he is physically much better prepared to deal with him than Angelino and Zinchenko. Still think that Angelino shouldn't have started against Man U. He has barely played and started against dippers and rags of all teams.

Last edited:
Definitely signs of hope! The most encouraging thing is he’s starting to look reasonably athletic. I thought his legs had gone after all the injuries.

I agree, he looked like he had more faith in his own body holding up yesterday.

Was anyone else as impressed as I was with how strong he was in his tackles? I felt like he won every 50/50 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.