#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thikn he is as bad but those two certainly were awful transfers I agree....but at least Mangala tried...Bony was lazy

Mendy is (as a footballer) the least talented of the 3....at the very basics Mangala was a better defender

Attacking fullback vs centre back, it should be expected that Mangala would be the better defender.

Mendy has better technical skills though, scoring with his right foot the other week. Mangala struggled to pass with his.

He isn't shit and he is still part of City's squad but it is time to move one once the season finishes.

Time to move on & I think the club know this but due to his financials
will be challenging to do so.

He really is suspect at defending unless provided with help & to coin a phrase does not ‘smell danger’.

A good example of this yesterday was when Dias just about cleared at the second attempt a 2 on 2 incident yet Mendy had given up covering the open player & simply watched the ball loop up in the air in the penalty box- something Zaba or Vinny would be busting a gut to prevent.

Bizarrely Zinchenko is the obvious stronger left back & should be first choice regardless if midfield is his preferred position which tells you a lot about Mendy’s weaknesses.

I feel bad for him as he suffered two serious injuries that have basically ruined a very promising career. It also sounds like he's a very good character to have on the training ground and has a positive effect on those around him which is important for morale.

However, he's clearly never going to rediscover his Monaco form which is unfortunate but now it's just a waste of our resources that could be better spent elsewhere. This summer is the time to get him off the books.

I feel sorry for him. He has been injured for 2 full years in his spell here, and never been able to get back to his Monaco form. Seems like a likable guy and a great character in the dressing room, but it`s time for him to move on. Could have been one of the best LBs in the world by now if he had stayed injury-free, but injuries have completely ruined him. Not blaming yesterdays loss on him, but a quick LB like Nuno Mendes would probably have prevented the goal

Mendy isnt a shit player , he isnt suited to our passing game because he is careless in possession , injuiries have taken there toll he doesnt appear to be as quick when he first arrived , he needs to go on loan and get his salary off our accounts ,he isnt going to make it at City.

People still seem to think Mendy is a classic ‘attacking full back who cant defend’ but the truth is he can’t really attack anymore, robbed of all athletism, he looks very awkward on the ball because he always looks like he’s protecting his knees and not turning quickly - everything is in straight lines.

and he rarely is in position to receive the ball and whip a cross in. yesterday was abysmal - totally out of position for the goal and lost the ball a few times, creating counter attacks for chelsea.

hopefully thats the last time we see him start a game, he should be sold off at a loss in the close season and replaced, even if thats by a budget option. with Zonchenko performing and Cancelo always pushing for a place then we shouldnt allocate big money for a new left back.

in my opinion we need a new striker and a new midfielder. we lack a players in the no8 position (we only have kdb,gundog and silva whereas all other positions have at least 2 in the squad). plus with ferna going and kdb and gundog in their 30s we need some new legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.