#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the lesser games, he has the ability to create chances over & over again.

And regarding his injury, I am not sure if his record is worse than Gundogan's record.
In theory he has the ability to be as useful attacking wise to us as Alexander-Arnold was last season for Liverpool. Mendy is a great attacking talent, in theory. People fixate on his crossing, but he has this wonderful ability to play the ball inside at pace as a pass to a central player, such as for the Aguero goal. He's also a surprisingly decent player at beating fullbacks with skill in one on ones.

His injury record has been better this season, certainly.

I think Mendy has an extremely high ceiling (which as I've stated elsewhere, is the reason I think he's still not been loaned out anywhere or ever been put up for sale). The difficult part is him getting there.

Problem is that he has become so slow and is always targeted as he’s can be a clear weak link in some games, which we don’t have many. Townsend looked like he was gonna get around Mendy each time. Offensively, no complaints though, and great pass to Kun. Seems more focused now and I hope he can keep on contributing.
He didn't though, on at least a couple of occasions Townsend had a yard on him but Mendy made up the ground and eased him off the ball, winning possession back for us.

Thought he played very well the other day but he'll take his foot off the pedal and put another shit performance in within the next few games as he always does. Cant rely on him and he's not interested and anyone who sticks up for this clown is a mug.

Nothing to do with injuries because physically he seems fine, but he'll switch off and/or do some lazy shit that will cost us at some point. Just see the season out then get him out and forget he ever happened

I'm glad he has performances like that, showing that he is actually a very good player....but for me it's only so we can generate interest in him to move on

Think he still has a place in the squad right now, but with 1 year left think we should still actively sell him, doesnt deserve a new one

Need to be a bit ruthless with him

Thought he played well perhaps Palace is his level, but i would still move him on, even on loan to CFG clubs, he is now our fourth choice left back probably on the highest wage and least reliable, Nuno Mendez a kid is already better than him with more potential, we can not have Mendy at the club because Pep will play him

Thought he played well perhaps Palace is his level, but i would still move him on, even on loan to CFG clubs, he is now our fourth choice left back probably on the highest wage and least reliable, Nuno Mendez a kid is already better than him with more potential, we can not have Mendy at the club because Pep will play him

He's not great but he's far, far too good for any of our CFG clubs. Shipping him to the MLS, A-League or Spanish second division would be an insult- and those are the three best ones.

He didn't though, on at least a couple of occasions Townsend had a yard on him but Mendy made up the ground and eased him off the ball, winning possession back for us.
He definitely has picked up a yard or so,. I suspect his time out he has been working at his previously injured knee.

Possibility we might see the Monaco Mendy next season cause he and Bernardo ripped us a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.