#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, his injuries have robbed him of what should have been the highlight of his career. He will win a few medal, but know he nicked most of them.

We can say it is through no fault of his own, but it is just not his speed, but rather his body position, the deep holes into which he puts himself during games, and not understanding his own limitations when he does play.

I’m not sure how he plays in training, but other players and coaches from other teams know his weaknesses and exploit them. That cannot continue.

MAYBE he can play against teams that don’t have a left winger or flying RB, but that’s few and far in between for a £50M+ player pulling down £5M/yr.

As others have said, maybe his value over the next two years is as a cheerleader and occasional replacement at LB. However, I’d expect him to want for himself, but it’s clear this is the best gig he will ever have, so why would he try to bring it to a premature end? I know I wouldn’t, but it might be to ensure he’s got his next phase of life sorted, because his football career is coming to an end soon.

All what trophies ? Will just be the league cup going off all the flappers on here today haha
Ha ha . On a serious note though I don’t get why we got rid of Angelino and kept mendy and didn’t we give mendy another contract ?

Why though?
Hi Tony. I suspect Zinch was emotionally shot after PSG (he looked it) and Walker needed a rest. I know it’s a bummer but odds on Utd drop at least 2 points this week.... and we will beat Newcastle and Brighton and I suspect then Pep will sit out as many key players as possible against Everton before the final. Peps playing the season long game and I don’t think he will have trouble sleeping tonight. Even with Sergios balls up we could easily have got a point today but I suspect even that would not have satisfied many on this forum.

Every City fan knows Mendy’s time is up and we will have to let the transfers / loans play out this summer. I don’t think that he will be easy to shift.

Ha ha . On a serious note though I don’t get why we got rid of Angelino and kept mendy and didn’t we give mendy another contract ?
He’s never had his contract extended. Still on the same deal he signed when he joined.

He’ll attract a few buyers. National team player, does have a good cross in him, but leaves too much space behind. So he will be effective in teams with low block and curl crosses in like route 1.

Good thing we don’t have A Song for Mendy thread!

I’m not sure but I can’t see many takers with the wages he’ll be on and his injury record... his time is up though sadly, looked like we was set for years at lb when we first signed him ! It’s just not worked out he doesn’t even look like he belongs on a football field anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.