#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was playing well, then got booked for fuck all. He knew one more foul on Traore was a red card

Second half they targeted his side to get him sent off. They knew he couldn’t make a mistake

Hardly the worst performance ever considering he as up against the fastest player in the league and it’s his first game in a while, and oh we won 3-1 too

I’ve backed him on here but he was terrible in that 2nd half. Traore is gonna give most full backs problems but if there is one full back in the league who you would half fancy to match him for power and strength it’s Mendy. He got nowhere near him, didn’t close him down, didn’t lay a glove on him. If he is no longer getting forward to support the attack, he must defend better than tonights showing.
If you get a yellow so early in the game and have to defend against both Neto and Adama with no support from Sterling, you’re absolutely fucked. He was forced to pretty much not touch the opponent, otherwise he would get a yellow

Has yet to play six consecutive league games for us. A five game run and a couple of fours but no more. Gulping in air by the end of the first half, but I’m just glad he stayed on and finished the game. If he can get to 10 consecutive league games, then we’ll have a better idea of whether he can yet make it.

There's not a left-back in football that stops Adama going past them for 90mins so no issue there.

Thought he could have done better for their goal though, where he just ran into a random position rather than stand tight in front of Jiminez

Absolutely diabolical match from him, worst player in the team by a mile. I can understand getting outpaced by adama traore, but time and time again he could not even get a block in, was late and out of position, terrible on the tackle and ineffective going forward. Contrast his performance with Walker's and it's night and day.

I don't know how he could be so slow, I am assuming it's the injuries that absolutely took away all of his pace, because he certainly had it at Monaco!
Diabolical? Really?

This place is a joke tonight. We've had weeks of doom and gloom and people talking absolute weapons grade shite about us, and after we've won they're all desperate to find the fucking negatives.

Not the beast we signed from Monaco, his legs are gone. We’re now left with a slow, error prone left back that struggles to pass if it’s not a simple 10 yard pass back in to midfield. Our team suffers from him hugely as Walker isn’t exactly blessed with technical ability either, but he’s not in the team to create. We’d be so much more balanced with a solid all rounded left back.

Not the beast we signed from Monaco, his legs are gone. We’re now left with a slow, error prone left back that struggles to pass if it’s not a simple 10 yard pass back in to midfield. Our team suffers from him hugely, because Walker isn’t exactly blessed with technical ability, but he’s not in the team to create. We’d be so much more balanced with a solid all rounded left back.
This isn't even remotely true. He's fantastic at playing passes into the forwards from the left flank.

Has not good going forward and not good at defending , left back should be a priority in next 2 weeks

was excellent in the first half , looked out of gas in the 2nd half

Reactions: JC.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.