#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see what he brings at the moment. Technically poor, tactically poor.
At Monaco, his physicality obviously compensated for that, but now that’s gone, there’s pretty much nothing left.
Playing him high and wide on the left also invariably makes us weaker.

It was a mistake but I’m not blaming any of our defenders for anything that happened yesterday. It was all Rodri’s fault, as most of their attacks were.

Our midfield have been fucking abysmal in the last game and a half.

We aren't going to be able to get rid of him before the close of the window, so the option at this point is sell/loan Zinchenko and get a 1st choice in to compete with him.

Hopefully it will give him a kick up the arse in a last gasp move to save his career at City and be the player we hoped, but I think it's gone past that point and we're never going to see what he was once capable of before the injuries.

I think we'll push through a LB signing before the end of the window, he'll slowly disappear into the abyss over the course of the season as he falls down the pecking order behind new LB/Cancelo/Ake and then will get sent out on a loan in the new year/next season in an attempt to recover some value for him before selling for a massive loss.

Currently feels very similar to the Mangala transfer.

Get a new left back in and let cancelo and ake cover
Get rid of mendy on loan and Garcia and zinchenko Full stop
Defence just needs new blood
Put Dias with ake and a new left back there’s a bit of hope along with Laporte

It's a shame but it seems the injuries have robbed him of the physical qualities that made him such an enticing player. Perhaps he can improve but I don't think we'll ever see the Mendy of four years ago, and the club certainly can't bank on him ever getting back to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.