#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame but it seems the injuries have robbed him of the physical qualities that made him such an enticing player. Perhaps he can improve but I don't think we'll ever see the Mendy of four years ago, and the club certainly can't bank on him ever getting back to that.
not just physical attributes but all confidence. He barely ever tried to take on a man, hesitates before whipping out crosses and.. well, i don't know how to explain that, but his crossing ability has took a very sharp downturn.

i just rewatched MOTD. He has no understanding of where to be on the pitch when the opposition have the ball.

Ake clears up the line, they come back at us and he gets 1-2d and then ambles back for about 5 yards then just gives up, stops and watches Vardy flick it in.

He doesnt even supply decent crosses anymore.

Get rid

Feel for the lad. Injuries have wrecked even the supposed weapons he’s supposed to have. Probably won’t get them back; ever.

The shark team stuff somewhat added another dimension with regards to branding. When City smelled blood, they went for the kill. The team are and have not been such a team for a long while now.

Don’t think any team would take him whatsoever. City will have to keep till his current deal runs out.

Mendy still has 3 years left on his contract. 3 YEARS!!!!

We’re stuck with him. For those saying buy younger players because they will still have resale value.

We’ve spent about £100m on Mendy and Stones, we would be lucky to get even £30m for the pair right now. Huge resale value.

i just rewatched MOTD. He has no understanding of where to be on the pitch when the opposition have the ball.

Ake clears up the line, they come back at us and he gets 1-2d and then ambles back for about 5 yards then just gives up, stops and watches Vardy flick it in.

He doesnt even supply decent crosses anymore.

Get rid

I think our worst ever signing in terms of value is Mangala. Wasn't he ultimately revealed to have cost us something like 42m? And after a few loans he ultimately left on a free.

Mendy has the potential to surpass him. That's just how bad he is.

Stones is not much better.
Similar fee and salary and gave us 3.5 months of great performances out of 4 years.
At least we could still flog Stones for 20-25m.

This may not be a popular thought, but I feel a bit sorry for Mendy. I think he was brought in as an overlapping left back/ wing back which worked perfectly with Sane and with Silva threading the passes through. With Sane out last season and now gone, I think the role he’s being asked to do doesn’t suit him - of course he could and should adapt but I’m not sure anyone planned for him to be a defending type of LB.
just my view

He was injury prone in France as well, in the two seasons before we signed him he played 25 and 24 league games.
This just sums up our defensive scouting. Its so fucking lazy. Just sign the latest shiny toy on the market. Thats pretty much it.

Mendy still has 3 years left on his contract. 3 YEARS!!!!

We’re stuck with him. For those saying buy younger players because they will still have resale value.

We’ve spent about £100m on Mendy and Stones, we would be lucky to get even £30m for the pair right now. Huge resale value.
Tell me we didn’t give him another contract when he was crocked .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.