#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two year loan to somewhere next summer as he has 2 years left next summer and bring in new TOP class LB, rather than someone just to fill in. In that case only 1 LB in the squad with Aké covering would not be bad.

There is no point for City to keep Mendy after this season. It doesn't matter how he plays as he is far too injury prone and thats the real problem.

As a short term option we could sign Alaba for free but I doubt he wants to come so some young top LB if possible required.

Like me, it seems Pep is a believer.

Theres a reason we didn't get a LB despite many good affordable ones being on the market and its because the people who speak to him and see him every day in training still think he has got it.

I've made my position clear that I think parts of his game are coming back and concentration is something you get back through game time after being out for 2 years. And I know 99% of the fans don't share that view.

Sam Lee said something interesting on a 9320 podcast thenother week as well - someone at City told him they did all the physical tests on Mendy in preseason and he put up numbers as good as when he arrived.

He didn't expand on what those physical tests are but I assume its NFL draft type stuff - 40 yard sprint, jumping, agility, stamina, body composition etc.

Last edited:
Mendy isn't up-to-par - he's sometimes good on offense, occasionally great - but a massive liability on defense nearly always. Sell as soon as possible.

Very unfortunate with injuries , the lad just cannot keep fit , Cancelo's recent form means there is no way back for him at the moment , would be interesting if any club would consider buying him with his injury record , the best option would be to loan him out and see if he can regain his fitness and form at another club. With Ake and Zinchenko we have enough cover for left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.