#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully that new story about Mendy and breaking Covid rules are unfounded.
If they are I think Pep will have to say adieu

I preferred for him doing what he did today...in control, provide some width every now and then, but move the ball to allow for openings and gaps for others to exploit. Not flashy, but so much more useful than wild cross upon wild cross.

not saying we need to keep him for that purpose, but thought he was nevertheless solid today.

Glad he got a win, 90 minutes + Clean sheet.

He is not bad 3rd/2nd choice LB.

Maybe with more playing time, he will get back to his best and reclaim his position back as 1st choice LB.

Hopefully that new story about Mendy and breaking Covid rules are unfounded.
If they are I think Pep will have to say adieu
That’s not a recent incident, happened a long time ago. The S*n failed in their attempt to ruin Raheems career and now Mendy has become their new target

That’s not a recent incident, happened a long time ago. The S*n failed in their attempt to ruin Raheems career and now Mendy has become their new target
They should just throw a ball towards him if they want to do that

That may be but I have no confidence that what he does off the pitch is helping him.
In this time of Covid any player doing any thing wrong is setting themselves up
I have no sympathy for anyone that is flouting rules.
He needs to keep his head down and get back his ability and fitness thst he had when hd first arrived.

Don't know how he fits in the squad. Cancelo and Zinchenko are both better than him at the moment. Plus he's rarely fit.

Don't know how he fits in the squad. Cancelo and Zinchenko are both better than him at the moment. Plus he's rarely fit.
Let's hope he has some Stones in him. Coz at this juncture, he looks as good as gone. 4th choice LB by my count.

Cancelo, See, Ake before Mendy for me :(

Let's hope he has some Stones in him. Coz at this juncture, he looks as good as gone. 4th choice LB by my count.

Cancelo, See, Ake before Mendy for me :(
Honestly, I highly doubt it. The issues with Stones were mostly his mental state but Mendy's issues are with his physical state. It has always been a question of Stones becoming a better footballer again so long as he's able to overcome his personal issues, as he hasn't lost what made him a good footballer physically. Mendy on the other hand, at this moment, look nowhere near that 50m player we shell out for, and probably won't ever be. Unfortunate injuries really done in what should've been a major talent.

You're right, 4th choice LB for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.