#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

damrider

Absolutely diabolical match from him, worst player in the team by a mile. I can understand getting outpaced by adama traore, but time and time again he could not even get a block in, was late and out of position, terrible on the tackle and ineffective going forward. Contrast his performance with Walker's and it's night and day.

I don't know how he could be so slow, I am assuming it's the injuries that absolutely took away all of his pace, because he certainly had it at Monaco!

He's lost his pace which ok, that's not his fault considering the injuries he's had. But if you lose your pace you have to adapt your game. But Mendy hasn't. He still stands at the half way line like he still has the pace to get back to defend. He got rinsed all game and not just by Traore but their other players as well.

Got a yellow that he absolutely shouldn’t have got, which ruined the game for him. He was shit scared of getting a second yellow, that’s why he was beaten so much. If he had played normally Marriner would give him the second as soon as possible

I don't know how he could be so slow, I am assuming it's the injuries that absolutely took away all of his pace, because he certainly had it at Monaco!
Hmm, difficult to say. Maybe it's because it was his first game in two months, with no preseason, and he just went up against the fastest player in the league with a few games under his belt?

He was great in the first half. He also did a lot of good defending in the second, it was just less memorable.

I’ve backed him on here but he was terrible in that 2nd half. Traore is gonna give most full backs problems but if there is one full back in the league who you would half fancy to match him for power and strength it’s Mendy. He got nowhere near him, didn’t close him down, didn’t lay a glove on him. If he is no longer getting forward to support the attack, he must defend better than tonights showing.

I’ve backed him on here but he was terrible in that 2nd half. Traore is gonna give most full backs problems but if there is one full back in the league who you would half fancy to match him for power and strength it’s Mendy. He got nowhere near him, didn’t close him down, didn’t lay a glove on him. If he is no longer getting forward to support the attack, he must defend better than tonights showing.
The ridiculous yellow didn’t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.