#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Let me be the first to say I was wrong about Gundogan, he's actually really good and has a future here"

"Let me be the first to say I was wrong about Stones, he's actually really good and has a future here"

"Let me be the first to say I was wrong about Zinchenko, he's actually really good and has a future here"

Take a hint people. Apply this to any other thread, including Mahrez, Rodri, Jesus, whoever.

Gobshite Nicholas

When he first came to us he was regularly beating defenders on the wing and banging in really dangerous great first time balls into the 6yd box. Then after his injuries he lost the pace and confidence to take on players and since then hes been just average imo. His defending and positioning is poor at times, and his passing is average at best. Zinchenko is definitely a better player.
For all of about 5 games.

I genuinely feel bad for Mendy, he seems an alright guy I just think the injuries have robbed him of the player he was.

Dire today and hardly crossed the half way. When he did he passed it back or square. One cross he did make was thundered across and nearly took someone’s head off.
With our options now for LB, Zink, Cancello, Ake and maybe Laporte, why bother with him. Zinchenko and Cancello are both much more football intelligent and the team look better with them in

"Let me be the first to say I was wrong about Gundogan, he's actually really good and has a future here"

"Let me be the first to say I was wrong about Stones, he's actually really good and has a future here"

"Let me be the first to say I was wrong about Zinchenko, he's actually really good and has a future here"

Take a hint people. Apply this to any other thread, including Mahrez, Rodri, Jesus, whoever.
You have the same thinking the club has had. Hoping he'll suddenly become the mendy of monaco at somepoint. Post injuries hes lost his pace which is a big part of his game. Mendy is so bad now we would struggle to give him away for free.

You have the same thinking the club has had. Hoping he'll suddenly become the mendy of monaco at somepoint. Post injuries hes lost his pace which is a big part of his game. Mendy is so bad now we would struggle to give him away for free.
I wasn't a fan at his best. Never liked his clunky interplay. But I figured his speed energy and crossing would make so many love him that I'd have to live with it.

It's unfortunate what injury has done to him :(

I wasn't a fan at his best. Never liked his clunky interplay. But I figured his speed energy and crossing would make so many love him that I'd have to live with it.

It's unfortunate what injury has done to him :(
I think pre injuries he had the attributes to be the best attacking left back in the world but injuries have destroyed him he's not even the same player any more.

Nothing wrong with him today, not eye catching but the formation wasn't setup to have him standout. with cancelo and then walker playing further up in possession we essentially played with a Back 3 so hes not asked to get forward and attack. Did his job with no frills, very harsh to crticise him for not doing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.