#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I backed him more than most on here but he looks like a guy who has been told to find a new club. I think his contract is up next summer. I fully expect he will leave us on loan this summer and we will pay his wages somewhere. There’s no way we go into another season without a new LB and I think we will ship him out over Zinchenko.
Unfortunately, he signed a 6 yearer so has 2 to go.
Can’t come fast enough.

Unfortunately, he signed a 6 yearer so has 2 to go.
Can’t come fast enough.

If he has two years left i would expect him to leave in the summer , we need to recoup a few million at least , unfortunalely he arrived on big money and it will be difficult to get rid in the current financial climate not many clubs are going to pay at big salary for such an injury prone player. Maybe get a loan fee and get his wages off the books because he hasnt got a future with us , i would put Cancelo,Ake and Zinchenko at left back before our resident clown.

Really wanted him to come back strong but I just can't see it in him. Need to take the hit on this fella in the summer and get a new LB in as a priority unfortunately.

He won't get better without a long run in the side, and he won't get a long run in the side unless he plays significantly better.

I'm confident if he got going he could hit a good level again but whether it's through form or fitness or discipline, bad luck or bad decisions, something always gets in the way.

Strange signing.

Hell of a nice guy but he is now a liability.
I don’t think it was at all.

We signed arguably the best attacking LB in Europe and for a few weeks at the start of the 17/18 season he lived up to his reputation.

We have signed some absolute shite over the years, but I don’t believe we signed shite with Mendy. It hasn’t worked out because of serious injuries, but he was a very good player when we signed him and exactly what we needed at the time.

I just didn’t get the hype.
I sat and watched him in the home Monaco game and I really wasn’t sure.

He lacks intelligence on the ball and he seems short on a bit of heart for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.