#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG interested apparently, lol. Smacks of a leak from our side to drum up interest, I fear we are wasting our time...

agree seems every players a club wants out there team is linked to PSG. Think best we can do is loan him out somewhere and pay half his wages at least.

agree seems every players a club wants out there team is linked to PSG. Think best we can do is loan him out somewhere and pay half his wages at least.
There was a Leeds mention too due to relationship with Bielsa. I could see a loan there happening maybe.

There was a Leeds mention too due to relationship with Bielsa. I could see a loan there happening maybe.

So long as we don't put in an obligation to buy for peanuts.

One good, relatively injury season on loan and we could recoup at least 20 million of his buy price IMO.

So long as we don't put in an obligation to buy for peanuts.

One good, relatively injury season on loan and we could recoup at least 20 million of his buy price IMO.

His contract is up in 2022 so I think a loan is unlikely next year. We may as well let him walk for free in summer as loan him out for 12 months beforehand.

To Mendy it does.
Only if he’s high because there is absolutely no chance of him making the French World Cup squad. The lad clearly has very limited technical ability and the injuries have taken away his pace. Fair play though he’s earning a great wage and will continue to do so for 2 more years.

I'm pretty gutted how it's turned out for Mendy. I remember when he played against us for Monaco and thinking what a top player. That summer when we were in for him I was really excited about him joining.

Alas injuries and possible attitude issues have really robbed us of a great player as I believe he could have been.

Such a shame for all concerned really .

Mendy is poor with and without the ball, has had previous for not being professional and has had bad injuries.

I admire your belief, but feel it is ill informed.

IMO, Mendy is finished, and will be off as soon as he can be shifted
Mendy is not poor on the ball at all! You say that because you compare him with Cancelo which is by far the most technical full back in the world and with Zinchenko who is an offensive mifielder. Compare him to walker or to the others fullbacks.

You really think Marcelo Bielsa who told him once he will become the best left back in the world and Pep who wanted him absolutely would fall for someone who is poor on the ball? People are not objective with Mendy because their expectations are too high. Since the Cancelo explosion they think be so technical is the norm come on guys you can't be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.