#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he’d looked fairly solid in his recent outings but Chelsea ruthlessly targeted him yesterday and at times it was hard to watch
Looks, IMO, deceive.

If not pressed and given ample time he can adequately pass.

If the opposition rarely/never challenge down the left - then Mendy won't need to defend.

In this context, what's left - Mendy open and with time on the ball - Mendy can whip a cross into the box with pace. Which he did at Monaco.

It seems to me that such crosses are rather blind - not aimed at anyone in particular - but due to pace of the cross are often telling.
===
That to me is what Mendy is - pretty good if not pressed and if he has no/little defensive responsibility - his pacy crosses into the box occasionally find an offensive player and we sometimes score as a result.

I think it will cost us more in wage subsidies to sell him this year than it would to keep him. No one will buy him. His wages are probably £10m over the next 2 years (gulp) and I doubt we could get shut of him for less then that. We won’t be receiving any transfer fee.
Unfortunately, the case for keeping him is just as riddled with bullets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.