Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those questioning how Mendy and Sane fit into the same team, pleaser refer to Walker and Sterling.

We'll see Sane come inside much more often, assisting less and scoring more. Look at Sterling's and Sane's combined goals+assists this season. Sterling has 20 + 10, Sane has 12 + 15. Sane has been maintaining width on the left because Delph plays purely as an inverted full-back. This often pushes Kev further right, with Sane and Walker providing the width, with Sterling moving inside as the second Centre-forward.

With Mendy on the pitch, You will see the same movements on the left hand side, with the triangle of Mendy/Silva/Sane operating the same way as Walker/KDB/Sterling.
It was me that questioned it and I am never wrong, well not since 1973 that is. On this occasion I hope I am wrong again. I am getting older and it will probably start happening more often now.

Sane looked a bit off when they played together earlier this season. Hope that gets sorted out because both of them rampaging means 2 kinds of unstoppable, strength and speed, coming at you.

Thought I`d place this here. Come on own up, who edited us as the "Shark Team".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_club_nicknames_in_the_United_Kingdom

Shark Team
During the 2017/18 season,speaking to James Ducker as part of an exclusive interview in The Telegraph, Benjamin Mendy explained his reasons for calling Manchester City this.
“We’re the big shark and when teams swim up alongside us we gobble them up,” he said.

Sane looked a bit off when they played together earlier this season. Hope that gets sorted out because both of them rampaging means 2 kinds of unstoppable, strength and speed, coming at you.

Sane’s effectiveness is often tied to David Silva. Silva picks out Sane’s runs in behind in a way that No one else does. I’m sure Mendy and Sane will make a world class combination on our left.

Quite a scary stat this:

It's not as if they have not been in a position to cross, especially Delph. I can never understand it, it was the same with Clichy and Kolarov, one crossed and the other wouldn't. Is it orders? It must make it a lot easier for the opposition defence knowing the cross will never come.

It's not as if they have not been in a position to cross, especially Delph. I can never understand it, it was the same with Clichy and Kolarov, one crossed and the other wouldn't. Is it orders? It must make it a lot easier for the opposition defence knowing the cross will never come.

I think it’s because if you have the left back constantly overlapping Sane his space to move into reduces significantly.

I think Pep has realised as the season has gone on that for Sane to shine you have to give him the entirety of the left flank to attack into.

Clichy never had the ability to cross. Nothing pissed me off more than seeing us finally work it wide to create an opportunity to cross the ball and Clichy, after running 70 yards to get there, tamely passed it back to Silva or Yaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.