Benjani ??

I'll probably get slated for saying this but I actually think he is decent cover for the lower league FA Cup/Carling Cup games. When Ade is injured we don't have another target man to bring on, I wouldn't be overly bothered if Banji went to Sunderland but having in the squad certainly adds to our depth.

Garry.Cook said:
I'll probably get slated for saying this but I actually think he is decent cover for the lower league FA Cup/Carling Cup games. When Ade is injured we don't have another target man to bring on, I wouldn't be overly bothered if Banji went to Sunderland but having in the squad certainly adds to our depth.

RSC is a target man is he not?(when hes fit!!!)

if he's gone, then i won't be sorry. he seemed a typical pompey player while there, somehow scores a few goals while giving the impression he's not actually that good. missed 2 flights when joining us. should have seen signs then and fucked him off. good start in stretford but never capitalised on chance to become cult hero. as pointed out on here, finds it funny when caught offside again. if i were a ref i'd seriously consider booking him for persistant offside. nobody (maybe apart from djibril cisse at liverpool) can be paid so much to do a job that they don't really understand. i'm up in hull and when they were linked with him i actually thought he may fit in up here but does it really look right??? S.W.P. , Ireland , Vieira , Tevez , Benjani. we need back up for adebayor and R.S.C. doesn't seem to be the answer. but really, i'd rather have bojinov back than benjani.

kippaxwarrior said:
Garry.Cook said:

RSC is a target man is he not?(when hes fit!!!)

Forgot about him, goes to show how often he's fit.

I think Benjani has got a role to play for us, and I wouldnt have been too concerned if he went. But he seems to want to play for us and shows a bit of commitment when he comes on, also is cover for Ade. I know he was born offside but Mancini might coach that out of him. When Hughes gets another club and Santa crock goes with him we will need a stop gap till we sign someone better.
All in all if he goes then no probem but there is a role for him with us and if he is keen to play for us despite his limitations we should encourage him.

Benjani is a decent player, who will do a good job for Steve Bruce.

Most of the people who condemn him on here are just following fashion and have no idea whatsoever about how difficult it is to shine the premiership. The fact is that Benjani has done reasonably well after coming back from a long injury. He would be good cover for a lot of premiership sides and first choice for a few.

But don't let sense get in the way of prejudice. I'm just waiting for the next target if Benjani has gone. There are already rumblings about Ireland, SWP and Richards, but all it takes is a few mistakes, so my money is on Ade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.