Benteke - handed in transfer request...

PistonBlue said:
I just don't fancy him. I don't get it when people liken him to Drogba, he reminds me of Andy Carroll?

He won't be the first player I've wrong about, but I just don't think he's good enough for us.
Not good enough when it comes to the biggest games and we play our strongest team, maybe. But he could be an ideal squad player, playing 25-30 games a season (we could end up playing 60+). Could be exactly what we need.

Last year he went on strike with Genk to force a move to Villa. This year he hands in a transfer request to force a move elsewhere. Proper twat.

ben is brave as well as fast different from what we have at the club. at 22 he could improve at the club or be sold on at 27 only cav matches these abilities all the other 27 plus players we have been linked with are at their peak or past it with no sell on value .its about giving ourr club hope and not picking up what we know is a 27 year old stop gap..rotten cant afford the wages fee or play in the cl chelsea have luki who i love and ba who wont leave

LoveCity said:
Last year he went on strike with Genk to force a move to Villa. This year he hands in a transfer request to force a move elsewhere. Proper twat.
Asking for a transfer is the way to go about things, if he really wants to move. He would have been what, 20 last year? 20 year olds do stupid things and maybe he was poorly advised? He has only asked for a transfer at this stage, which is the right way to go about things if he does indeed want to move.

A proper twat is someone like Robinho who sets his own press conference to force a move, and cries like a little woman to make it happen that much quicker. Not many complained when he did that and ended up here. If Benteke joins here or any other club and has done it by asking for a transfer to initiate it, he's not that much of a twat in my book.

Benteke and Jovetic would be super. Not only would we have strengthened, but we would have bought 2 players with huge potential. Pace, power, goals, skill... everything you want.

Benteke is the type of striker that will give us that fear factor, because defenders will hate playing against him. He is like Drogba no:2, pace, power, aggression, strength, goals and seems to have a lot of ambition to go with it. Sometimes you do need egos in your team to win you trophies... Drogba and Ronaldo spring to mind.

Navas, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Benteke, possibly Banega at a cheap price and someone like Godin. That would be a fantastic summer for me.

Get rid of Kolarov and promote Rekik as i think he is ready and good enough, get rid of Garcia because he is garbage and possibly Barry due to his age to accomodate Banega, although i do love Barry. Promote Guidetti and give him a few games and rotate between Nasri and Jovetic for that left side spot, although i do feel Nasri is better in the middle. Get rid of Sinclair because he is just not good enough and try and bring through Lopes and Suarez for the odd couple of games, if it doesn't work out, send them out on loan. I see players like Rusnak and Lopes with miles more potential than Sinclair, so why buy average players when we have better in the youth academy? Does not make sense to me.

Also one more thing i would like to point out... i feel Rodwell can also be used as a CB too. May give him a few more games.

If i got my way, our squad would be ridiculously good, especially for the Champions League.

LoveCity said:

I agree but once he gets to a top club who pay big wages will he stop being Twat that's the question for me

waspish said:
LoveCity said:

I agree but once he gets to a top club who pay big wages will he stop being Twat that's the question for me

Yes because he'll be in a professional environment where he feels others are around his own ability. Don't get everyone slaughtering him for handing in a transfer request at Villa - he owes them nothing, just as Villa would owe him nothing if he had been absolute bobbins and put him on the transfer list.

Can't speak for whatever stunt he pulled at Genk mind.

Personally if he was available for 20m I think he's worth the gamble.

LoveCity said:

why is he a twat, he had the opportunity to move to a bigger club and further his career. Dont see what he has done wrong tbh. Players like de rossi on here get slated for " having no ambition" yet when a players shows ambition he is a twat

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
LoveCity said:

why is he a twat, he had the opportunity to move to a bigger club and further his career. Dont see what he has done wrong tbh. Players like de rossi on here get slated for " having no ambition" yet when a players shows ambition he is a twat

There is a difference between showing ambition and going on strike to force a move. That is simply twattish no matter how you look at it. Would you like it if Aguero refused to ever play for City again so that he could move to (insert club here)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.