Bereavement leave followng death of a pet

Her attendance record doesn't affect a request for bereavement leave. Where do you stop there? "Yeah, I know your mother just died suddenly, but you've had 4 days off sick this year so get your arse into work or you're sacked"? FFS, you deal with individual circumstances on their own merits.

But she didn't get bereavement leave. She was told to find cover but didn't so what she did get was an unauthorised absence, so you've had 4 unauthorised absences this year, so get your arse into work or you're sacked," works for me.

I get the question is "should you be entitiled to bereavement leave for a pet?" but that's a hypothetical based on this case. I'm working on the facts here.

But she didn't get bereavement leave. She was told to find cover but didn't so what she did get was an unauthorised absence, so you've had 4 unauthorised absences this year, so get your arse into work or you're sacked," works for me.

I get the question is "should you be entitiled to bereavement leave for a pet?" but that's a hypothetical based on this case. I'm working on the facts here.
Without taking into account the circumstances behind the unauthorised absence obviously. It's a shitty way to behave and it's counterproductive, employees that don't have their mind on the job harm more than they help.

I know people who get upset when their phone dies let alone pets.

The lesson that this woman has learnt is that honesty isn't always the best policy. Just say you've got the shits, nobody questions that, especially if you work in catering.

Reminds me of a friend who posted on facebook that her pet goldfish had died....
There followed a dozen or so "thoughts and prayers" comments from other friends who were quite sincere with their words.... I thought they were taking the piss at first but far from it!

Reminds me of a friend who posted on facebook that her pet goldfish had died....
There followed a dozen or so "thoughts and prayers" comments from other friends who were quite sincere with their words.... I thought they were taking the piss at first but far from it!
Lol. Not like the good old days. When I was a kid I rang my dad at work to say the cat had died and what do I do. Had to go through the office to reach him in the factory. He came home at night and gave me a right bollocking as he'd had the piss ripped out of him all day by his fellow workers about his "cat"astrophe!

The lesson that this woman has learnt is that honesty isn't always the best policy. Just say you've got the shits, nobody questions that, especially if you work in catering.
This.

I told my ex boss my gran had died in 89. He said work was too busy and I couldn't go to her funeral. He said it Infront of of about 3 or 4 mechanics to big himself up and tried belittling me in front of them. How I didn't rabbit punch his smug face I don't know.

I suppose he hated me for shagging his daughter and eating his fry up when he came downstairs one Sunday morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.