Bereavement leave followng death of a pet

This.

I told my ex boss my gran had died in 89. He said work was too busy and I couldn't go to her funeral. He said it Infront of of about 3 or 4 mechanics to big himself up and tried belittling me in front of them. How I didn't rabbit punch his smug face I don't know.

I suppose he hated me for shagging his daughter and eating his fry up when he came downstairs one Sunday morning.
I don't blame him. Absolutely nothing worse than someone eating your fry up.

I'd have laughed at this previously. I'm a cold bastard. People die. It happens.I didn't even go to my gran's funeral because I didn't see the point and think funerals are self indulgent.

Then my cat died and I was a f**king mess.

You just never know.

Some people seem to never grow up and want to stay in a Peter Pan land forever.

Well life isn’t like that.

Get a dog and realise it will die, usually, within 12-15 years.

Be prepared, or don’t bother.

Anyway this thread was about a snowflake wanting time off work when her dog died. It’s a ridiculous notion.
I have been greatly saddened at the death of every dog I ever owned but the thought of time off time of work when it happens is just taking the piss.

Some people seem to never grow up and want to stay in a Peter Pan land forever.

Well life isn’t like that.

Get a dog and realise it will die, usually, within 12-15 years.

Be prepared, or don’t bother.
You know it’s going to die, yes. That doesn’t prevent the inevitable emotional attachment you get over a decade or so.
Unless you’re a bit of a heartless ****.

When Gizmo died I was gutted grew up with the little fucker, from when I was 5 till when I was like 24 25 still shed a tear was heartbroke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.