Berlin

oman0115

going on Friday got an afternoon to have a look around anyone got any tips? Really wanted to see hitlers bunker but found out it was built on, apparently a block of flats there now. Also, any nice bars worth seeing? Cheers

All trips to Berlin should include a visit to Berliner Republik bar.
Freidrichstrasse U-S Bahn is only a 5 minute walk.
You can buy a day ticket which covers all public transport in Berlin for less than 8 euro. It's a no brainer to buy one if you are doing a lot of sightseeing. (They are valid until 3am the day after purchase too!
Have a great time there - I always do!

Boring city compared to others I have visited in Europe but I ain't a yoghurt knitting vegan hipster. Train station is lovely though!

The reichstag building and the dome is a must.
Starkness of the holocaust memorial was a bleak reminder.
Down the river by the wall. Or what remains of it in form of open air gallery
Olympic stadium

I'm not a great museum goer, and don't at all feel the need to ‘do the museums’ when I visit a capital city. But even if you're not, you should make a visit to the Pergamon. They've got things in there that you just stand and gawp at.
They've got the gates from Babylon!! I mean, what the actual…

Edit: just noticed that this is way, way out of date as far as the OP goes. But anyone else going to Berlin should check that out.

I too am in Berlin on Friday. You want Mitte for bars. It’s my third trip there and I’m excited to go.

Unsure about the hipster feedback. I’m a 40 year old Welsh nerd with a penchant for bucket hats. I’ll be eating Currywurst and drinking a Stein in a nice little sports bar I know.

Berlin is a great city, IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.