Berlin

All trips to Berlin should include a visit to Berliner Republik bar.
Freidrichstrasse U-S Bahn is only a 5 minute walk.
You can buy a day ticket which covers all public transport in Berlin for less than 8 euro. It's a no brainer to buy one if you are doing a lot of sightseeing. (They are valid until 3am the day after purchase too!
Have a great time there - I always do!
Stayed in the Melia just the other side of the bridge.
Walking distance to a row of really good bars and restaurants. The Berliner Republik was great fun. That’s the beer exchange one isn’t it? Like a stock exchange.
Good fun with a group of 4 couples. The price rises with the popularity of the beer and when the bell rings the market crashes and all prices go back to the starting price.
Timing your round is everything.

Stayed in the Melia just the other side of the bridge.
Walking distance to a row of really good bars and restaurants. The Berliner Republik was great fun. That’s the beer exchange one isn’t it? Like a stock exchange.
Good fun with a group of 4 couples. The price rises with the popularity of the beer and when the bell rings the market crashes and all prices go back to the starting price.
Timing your round is everything.
That's the bar.
If you are a smoker you don't need to leave the building either as there are 2 yellow phone boxes to use for that purpose!

Brilliant city with loads to do.

Underground bomb shelter/Berlin Wall tunnels tours were very good.

This museum is free and excellent.

https://www.topographie.de/en/topography-of-terror/

Best area for bars is Kreuzberg. Lots of rock/punk style bars about and there are loads of more regular type bars too which were decent too. Many a nice German pilsner to be had although if you hate cigarette smoke then most of the bars/pubs probably won't be right for you as if they don't serve food then punters can smoke.

For me, along with Amsterdam and London, Berlin is the best city in Europe I've visited.

My main recommendation would be to find a decent pub where locals of say 40+ tend to go and get chatting to them about how the city was before the berlin wall got pulled down. Fascinating stuff.

Mrs Hef brother lives over there so we go there regularly.

On top of what has been suggested, a bicycle tour is pretty good. We did one of a couple of hours but you can get longer ones

Also, have a look at the fixture list and see if Hertha or Union are at home as they are both worth a visit. There are also loads of lower league clubs such as Dinamo Berlin who I’ve been to see as well as Tasmania Berlin and many more

It’s a really easy place to get around but if highly recommend the electric scooters. They are everywhere so just down load the app(s) scan and away you go - I’ve 2 app, Lime and Circ but there are other scooter providers including Uber(I think) but not sure if you need a separate app to the taxi one

Went there in 1993 and it was pretty grim - I imagine it has changed.

Go and see what's left of the Berlin wall in the open air museum. Underground station right to it. Also go and see the monument to the Russian soldiers. Lots of info about the history of Berlin on display there. It's a short walk from Brandenburg Gate, opposite direction from Holocaust memorial which is also good to see.

Go on a boat trip, get on one near the cathedral/ museum. Good info in English about the sights you can see.

I had a great time in Berlin. Enjoy it.

Hertha home on Friday when I’m there but I’ll just watch it in a Mitte sports bar I like. Would love to see Union.

I was in Düsseldorf at the start of the year and Berlin in November last year. Can’t stop going to Germany!

Boring city compared to others I have visited in Europe but I ain't a yoghurt knitting vegan hipster. Train station is lovely though!

When it comes to sightseeing, Berlin has a list as long as your arm plus I find the history around the wall utterly fascinating, but you do have a point. Take all that away and you're left with a sprawling city that's no better or worse than many others in Germany IMO. For me, Germany has many other smaller towns and cities that are a must see. I've been to Aachen, Nuremberg, and Leipzig recently and would recommend them all. The most picturesque of the lot though is Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and there's a fascinating story as to why the Americans spared it from being flattened at the back end of the second world war.

I will be heading there to watch LG in a couple of weeks, will defo be checking out some of the suggestions on here!

Hertha home on Friday when I’m there but I’ll just watch it in a Mitte sports bar I like. Would love to see Union.

I was in Düsseldorf at the start of the year and Berlin in November last year. Can’t stop going to Germany!

If I had my time again I’d like to have lived there for a couple of years.

Out of interest, what sports bar do you go to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.