Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Problem with that is a witness so close to the event could be pressurised into defending Bernie. I'm 100% sure that wouldn't be the case but I will happen in certain circumstances.

At secondary school I was accused of being racist & ended up in the headmasters office. The lad in question was in the 2/3 of my best friends all the way through school. They wouldn't listen to him as I could have been threatening him.

As I say we remained friends through the entire school, never did find out what someone thought I'd said or done!!!!
IIRC were there not other black footballers who have also said it was not racist?

I wonder what the ethnic make up of the panel of the hearing will be, i don't see how an all white old school FA panel could be objective.

Kelly Cates and Andy Hinchcliffe probably in attendance

He's going to attend the hearing, show that he realises that it was a bit daft and get a fine. He will have to make an announcement about not realising the implications of his tweet too.

Bernardo Silva can ‘breathe in relief’, with Portugal concentrating on not letting him ‘lose the mood’. In the first training sessions, he’s been able to ‘calm down and even smile’. Fernando Santos had a conversation to ‘inject courage’ in Silva. [@ojogo via @Sport_Witness]

Ruben Neves on Bernardo Silva's FA charge: “I think it is absurd. Anyone who knows Bernardo knows what kind of person he is - he's an excellent and very playful person. When you have confidence with a friend, like he has with Mendy, nobody can have anything to say..."

“Mendy has come out to say there is no harm. We all know that they have a great relationship of friendship and I think it makes no sense what has happened. The person in question himself said it was a joke and that it didn't go wrong." [via @MullockSMirror]

Has ANYONE, whether connected with this directly or not, come out and said it was offensive? I don't mean all the B list ex players and the like who have jumped in both feet to tell everyone else how it could be construed as offensive, I mean actually said they were "offended"

Has ANYONE, whether connected with this directly or not, come out and said it was offensive? I don't mean all the B list ex players and the like who have jumped in both feet to tell everyone else how it could be construed as offensive, I mean actually said they were "offended"
Just the snowlflakes

Andy Hinchcliffe said he was offended by the tweet.

Oh, wait. No sorry he's a B list ex-player.

As you were.

I wonder what the ethnic make up of the panel of the hearing will be, i don't see how an all white old school FA panel could be objective.
No worries on the ethnicity of the panel:

Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Kenneth Dalglish
Tony Pulis

2 Scots and a Welshman.

And this is exactly the point. It's the FA who have charged him, they should be put to strict proof that it was offensive. This should include those making the specific allegation that it was offensive being produced as witnesses. As ever, in these allegations, the person under charge is made to prove it wasn't racist. It's absurd and against every principle of justice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.