Bernard Halford Q&A

I tell you what, if you ever want hear some stories, Bernard Halford is your man. I've heard so many fascinating stories from him over the years, he HAS to write a book.

I remember a football documentary a few years ago, it followed Weymouth and Steve Claridge, Jemaine Pennant, David James amongst other things........

It was around the time of James signing for City, and one of the weirdest things I've seen was the bit where James and Bernard were sat in the kids restaurant area at an airport signing Jamo's contract. Bernard complete with flat cap and all. If I'd have been Jamo I'd probably have thought twice about the move! Couldn't have been further away than the professional attitude the club have towards transfers now, how times change!

Maybe someone can ask him how the touts managed to get their hands on all those tickets in the 80's and then a follow up question could be how did all those Ushited fans get all those tickets together in the North stand when we beat them 5-1......

i am lucky enough to know bernard on a personal level, my dad used to bowl with him years ago. as one poster has just said he has some fascinating stories. still at the club now been with us for 30 years or so, nobody realises what a fantastic servant he is for the club and still is. plays a large part in the transfers aswell as dealing with player issues and travel arrangment to games etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.