Bernardo penalty debate - no case to answer.

He was never going to be found guilty of anything as it was a penalty. We know it was, the media know it was. What they have done however is put another negative about the club out there, for fans of other clubs, other managers, and most importantly referees to read and hear about. I can see it now, nailed on penalty in one of the crunch games will now not be given, job done. They are just ****s.

Kane and Alli are the most blatant and frequent divers in the Premier League. Along with Herrera.
Ashley Young the worst diver for me - legs at 45 degrees to the ground and spread for effect. Unnatural. David Pleat said to his team during a TV documentary (when Leicester manager) if the defender does you, make sure the ref sees it and go down hard.

He was never going to be found guilty of anything as it was a penalty. We know it was, the media know it was. What they have done however is put another negative about the club out there, for fans of other clubs, other managers, and most importantly referees to read and hear about. I can see it now, nailed on penalty in one of the crunch games will now not be given, job done. They are just ****s.
Exactly.

You stated the reason he had to throw himself to the ground in the same paragraph. If he doesn't go to ground, he doesn't get the rightful penalty, ie he didn't cheat.

I know i did. And that was my point. The exaggeration of throwing himself in the air is something we don't want in football but it's currently accepted and necessary because as the refs aren't good enough/don't get enough help to spot those in real time. I also think we need clarity on what is defined as a dive. For me, a dive is any unnatural movement or exaggeration, so in this example i think it's actually both a penalty and a dive. In an ideal world, we'd have a video ref in the stands able to spot the foul and give a penalty but also book Bernardo but then there would be no need for an unnatural fall if everybody knew there was a ref in the stands watching and able to spot any contact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.