Bernardo penalty debate - no case to answer.

It turns out I am wrong, but not for the reason you say. In the FIFA rulebook, it says...

The group of six includes "trip or attempt to trip." But this is clearly aimed at a deliberate attempt to foul the player with no attempt to play the ball, hence why everything else on the list is basically violent conduct. The rules that follow refer to a genuine attempt to get the ball...

FIFA has absolutely nothing to do with setting the rules of football.
They run international football, not domestic football.

None of what you refer to disagrees with my link to the rules of the game.
For a foul no contact is necessary.

Dont think it helps that referees in football are deemed to be either corrupt or unable to do their jobs. In rugby and cricket when the officials make a mistake it is viewed as a genuine mistake. It also helps that they have tv to review difficult decisions
The ref and linesman only see it once and have to make a split-second decision. At the time i thought it was stonewall and have seen anything different. If that had been at the other end do you think that Dyce and the Burnley fans would of seen it differently, i think not.

As if so much has been made about this. He didn't cheat to win a penalty, he just made a bit much of it, that's all.

Maybe I'm wearing my blue tinted specs here but I didn't even think it was just about jumping to highlight the foul. His ankle was trapped under the keepers knee and twisted at an unnatural angle. Looked to me like jumped to get his ankle out from under the knee or as a reaction to the pain of his ankle being turned like that. I'm certainly thinking it probably hurt a fair bit.

So what other incidents were "monitored" and if any, why aren't they being made public.

As far as i'm aware the only other incident that has been checked so far this season is Richarlison's vs Arsenal. Again no further action was taken.

The incidents are only being checked if the referee missed it and the player/team profited from it.

There have been players booked for diving this season, Dele Alli springs to mind but becuase the referee saw it, no further action was taken.

Disgraceful it got this far.
It was a clear penalty and there was contact.
Bernardo must have felt it and a player's natural reaction is get out of the way. If you're moving at speed it can look like a dive.

So what other incidents were "monitored" and if any, why aren't they being made public.

I suspect what has happened is that the FA have issued a standard statement saying something like "no incidents have been deemed worthy of further action". That has then been spun to make Silva the focus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.