Bernardo Silva - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. Don't forget Pep has spoken about David Silva needing to be managed more carefully this season - so it's not out of the question that Bernardo continues to play as one one the #8s

That would obviously mean rotation and being greedy i would like all three to play :-) So,the question is.....when Merlin and Kev play,are we a better team with Bernardo or more conventional wingers in Sterling and Mahrez?

Pep thinks it is, like he said yesterday.
Pep is very facile when speaking to the press. He says what's best for the squad. I haven't heard Pep say this - but if he did, it at least indicates that he wants to retain the possibility of playing Bernardo there. Perhaps Pep wants to keep the pressure on Mahrez to perform?

Whereas - Bernardo simply doesn't have the pace to be a terrific winger - unlike Sterling. Nor is he as good as beating players one-on-one like Mahrez. He's at least #3 RW in our squad - but is one of our best CMs.

That would obviously mean rotation and being greedy i would like all three to play :-) So,the question is.....when Merlin and Kev play,are we a better team with Bernardo or more conventional wingers in Sterling and Mahrez?

I much prefer the conventional wingers, but then it's tricky as you can't really play Mendy and Sane on the left hand side as they both use the same space.

I much prefer the conventional wingers, but then it's tricky as you can't really play Mendy and Sane on the left hand side as they both use the same space.

Who would be a manager eh?

Pep gets dogs abuse off opposition fans for being a manager who spends,however,as we are finding with our squad,having such an array of talent and options doesnt always make the decisions easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.