#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no better player in the world when a team is running down the clock and frustrating the opposition. Energy, skill and a football brain. The world’s undisputed King of Corner Flag shithousery as well. Love him
For all the beautiful Pep football we see, I don't think there's anything that pleases me more than when we take it into the corner and take the piss for 5-6 minutes at a time smashing it off players legs.

He and Mahrez work so well together on the right-hand side, you can't get the ball off of either of them and they overlap each other for days!

Might be the case of playing Kev as the False 9 when he's back, so we keep Bernardo and Mahrez closer to each other.

I don't think he goes under the radar at all.He is instrumental in much of our play when allowed the opportunity,and the vast majority recognise such.

He and Foden would be in my best 11,every time.
He does tend to go under the radar to many.

He's one of those that 9 times out of 10 is asked to play the support role. Not that he's been told not to score or assist if he can, it's more his job is normally to help the players better at that than he is to do what they do.

It's super easy for him to be appreciated in a game like yesterday, where we have midfield domination, win, and he gets two assists. But there are games where we struggle to create much and sometimes don't win and he very rarely gets any credit for the work he does in those games.

He's one of 5 players who have this purpose of playing in the shadows. Players who do a lot of selfless stuff that only gets appreciated occasionally. Bernardo, Jesus, Rodri, Walker, and Zinchenko. I'd include Gundogan whenever De Bruyne plays too. These are the guys that rarely do anything spectacular with the ball but they make those that do lives easier. These are the guys that get the laziest of criticisms (eg Bernardo/Jesus don't actually do anything), Rodri only passes backwards, Walker is dumb, Zinchenko isn't a reliable fullback).

Bernardo is the least underrated of those listed but he's still easy to miss out on. Next time he plays in a game where we don't win and he doesn't have a truly exceptional game, you'll see what I mean when you read this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.