#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does tend to go under the radar to many.

He's one of those that 9 times out of 10 is asked to play the support role. Not that he's been told not to score or assist if he can, it's more his job is normally to help the players better at that than he is to do what they do.

It's super easy for him to be appreciated in a game like yesterday, where we have midfield domination, win, and he gets two assists. But there are games where we struggle to create much and sometimes don't win and he very rarely gets any credit for the work he does in those games.

He's one of 5 players who have this purpose of playing in the shadows. Players who do a lot of selfless stuff that only gets appreciated occasionally. Bernardo, Jesus, Rodri, Walker, and Zinchenko. I'd include Gundogan whenever De Bruyne plays too. These are the guys that rarely do anything spectacular with the ball but they make those that do lives easier. These are the guys that get the laziest of criticisms (eg Bernardo/Jesus don't actually do anything), Rodri only passes backwards, Walker is dumb, Zinchenko isn't a reliable fullback).

Bernardo is the least underrated of those listed but he's still easy to miss out on. Next time he plays in a game where we don't win and he doesn't have a truly exceptional game, you'll see what I mean when you read this thread.
Fair enough,as i rate him so highly and can see his quality every game,i wasn't aware others don't.....so,i'll accept that.

The fact that he was definitely rested today after 2 assists and amazing performance against Villa - means how highly Pep thinks about him and rates his contribution during the season..

Against PSG - Bernardo controlling the tempo and passes and movement will be vital. One incorrect pass or quick decision and you get Mbappe / Neymar / Dimaria in counter-attack - which will be very difficult to cope with.

I don't think he goes under the radar at all.He is instrumental in much of our play when allowed the opportunity,and the vast majority recognise such.

He and Foden would be in my best 11,every time.
I feel like foden , gundogan , Dias , stones , Mahrez will all get more plaudits then Bernardo this season.
I think he does a great job for the team and one of our most important players , just maybe won’t receive as much recognition as other players from wider public .
I know city fans appreciate him .

I feel like foden , gundogan , Dias , stones , Mahrez will all get more plaudits then Bernardo this season.
I think he does a great job for the team and one of our most important players , just maybe won’t receive as much recognition as other players from wider public .
I know city fans appreciate him .

Possibly you are correct,but it genuinely surprises me as his talent and involvement are obvious.Played to his strengths,we go up a level with him on the pitch.

He has that special mix - ability and character.

His ability to hold onto the ball (a la David Silva) and find his pass is extraordinary.

Not only does it help consolidate our possession of the ball, but his tempo (high or subdued) is one of his strengths, which are many and varied.

Wish he had a crack from the edge of the box a little more often, but other than that, I struggle to find any fault with his game at present.

Bernado sets the tempo of our "press". His Duracell-bunny levels of energy are crucial to our success this season.
Together with Phil & Jesus, he needs to play tonight to force the errors that will hopefully lead to the all important away goals.
He also often gets an important goal as opponents back off him.
Great to see that he is almost back to his imperious best...

He was the only one who did well in that terrible first half, and he had a strong second half as well, very good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.