#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if his personal issue is that he doesn't like rain?
It’s bean a pretty miserable year, with covid restrictions preventing travel, staying in bubbles, weathers been pretty shit. It is possible he’s sat and just thought you know what I’ve had a great 3 years won everything in England I‘d be happier playing and living in Madrid or Spain. I could see his point.

Hope Bernardo stays, I think he's a cracking player when utilised in his best position and has a regular run of games.
However, I feel he's become frustrated with his role in the team, I don't think he's improved under Pep and has gone from a creative influence to a water carrier who runs himself into the ground chasing lost causes.
The weather is a nonsense excuse, he signed a contract extention whilst living here for a year or two
He's not been the same since he was hounded by the media for the Mendy farce, job done by the media.
I hope he stays, but if he leaves, we should command a fee in the region of £80 million.
We might command it but there's no way we'd get it. His role under pep means that his figures for goals scored and assists are relatively low. That's what you pay for.

Not sure about that.

Bernardo comes across as someone who prides himself on being a "good guy."

That entire incident led him to be labeled a racist and got a lot of negative press that could have seemed to contradict his entire identity as a person.

In mental health/social work the Developmental Life Course Perspective examines how life events affect different people in different ways.

Even twins in the same moment can go in different directions.

Indeed, past resilience is a known and significant protective factor.

However, particularly when it comes racial identity development that some suggest informs human reactions to and fear of real or perceived accusations of being labeled "racist," or engaging in "racist" behaviour we can see how much of a reaction it gets in the world.

Why are some booing the knee? These issues are VERY sensitive and evoke reactions that some find hard to understand or empathise with on either side.

That lack of understanding impact people's mental health and sense of self because of perceived negative views/stigma from such a label.

If you pride yourself on being a "good guy" then this might bother you more than a bunch of ****housery from fans and players in your life.

Who knows, but it's sure not hard to see the correlation to the slide from that point onwards.

Exactly my feelings on it and summarised perfectly.

It’s weird to me that such a talented player who is so good at possession in tight spaces hasn’t been tried as KDBs partner in the left. That is probably Fodens position long term but there’s probably no player in our side, including Gundogan, who is quite as good at being able to hold the ball under pressure and calm the match for a moment before wriggling out of it. He isn’t and nobody will be David Silva but I won’t ever understand why it was always him or KDB when it could very well be him with KDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.