#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo confirming there what I’ve always suspected... the players are as bemused as us by the stubborn repeating of the same tactics that haven’t been working for ages. And that’s why I’m so convinced that Pep has arrived at his natural end at City. They are losing trust in the manager. They know we have to change something and equally, they know we won’t.

Bernardo confirming there what I’ve always suspected... the players are as bemused as us by the stubborn repeating of the same tactics that haven’t been working for ages. And that’s why I’m so convinced that Pep has arrived at his natural end at City. They are losing trust in the manager. They know we have to change something and equally, they know we won’t.
If pep is losing the dressing room he will not extend the contract. He repeatedly said so. Maybe the reason why he is not signing an extension. Maybe the city top hierarchy know this and are already looking for options.

With that Bernardo quote it seems like the situation Pep experienced at Bayern could be happening again, (I say could not definately) with players starting to doubt and question his tactics

KDB's interview after the Lyon game said it all really
Our top management spent their summer in Messi's backyard instead of looking for a new coach

Months ago, the thought of Bernardo playing through the middle was an exciting one! Seeing his energy, his ability to find pockets, run at the defensive midfielders, commit players, find those intricate passes, perhaps he was the one to ensure David Silva‘s absence is barely noticed. Now, I’m not entirely convinced the middle of the park in this current set-up is where Bernardo should be right now. He’s lost his impact that he had out on the right and isn’t influencing games from the middle I dearly hoped he would.

I hope he gets played from the right again, where he can become a threat in the attacking third by both creating chances and cutting in on his left foot and threatening the goal much more. Neither of which he is managing from a central position.

Our top management spent their summer in Messi's backyard instead of looking for a new coach
I dont remember anything like that.
What he did say..
Different year,same result..

Months ago, the thought of Bernardo playing through the middle was an exciting one! Seeing his energy, his ability to find pockets, run at the defensive midfielders, commit players, find those intricate passes, perhaps he was the one to ensure David Silva‘s absence is barely noticed. Now, I’m not entirely convinced the middle of the park in this current set-up is where Bernardo should be right now. He’s lost his impact that he had out on the right and isn’t influencing games from the middle I dearly hoped he would.

I hope he gets played from the right again, where he can become a threat in the attacking third by both creating chances and cutting in on his left foot and threatening the goal much more. Neither of which he is managing from a central position.
Agree with what you’re saying and I’m still hoping he can start to cut it centrally. If he can’t though I feel the summer could be the end for him. He’s played very well on the right but in a 433 we really should be looking for someone who can post 15 goals a season and plenty of assists from the right. Don’t think Bernado will ever do that.

What a shit comment.

Half of these players we have here would not have even looked at us if Pep wasn't here.

What a shit comment.

Half of these players we have here would not have even looked at us if Pep wasn't here.
We brought in some of our best players when Pep wasn't here - Kun, Yaya, Silva, Dzeko these guys were all stars when they came here, lets not make it seem like the success of the club is down to Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.