#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo is the 2nd best player in the team after KDB.

But his problem is that he doesn't complain when benched, thats why its comfortable for Pep to bench him whenever he wants.

Everybody loves Bernardo and there is no doubt he’s got great skill. The fact of the matter is though he’s had 2 average seasons at best so far out of 3. He’s not a kid either and a truly top player should have a place In this side completely nailed down by now. He gets cut more slack than most amongst the fans and he really needs to kick on this season as the excuses are waring thin.

If he gets back to what he does best like running with the ball ,passing, moving, being available, getting into position and harassing ( being a pest) and overall playing to his own strengths he will be absolutely brilliant . It a mental thing with him so he has to get back to those strengths he already has. The rest will come naturally. Not to over think things ,that's the key for him in my view.

Everybody loves Bernardo and there is no doubt he’s got great skill. The fact of the matter is though he’s had 2 average seasons at best so far out of 3. He’s not a kid either and a truly top player should have a place In this side completely nailed down by now. He gets cut more slack than most amongst the fans and he really needs to kick on this season as the excuses are waring thin.

What are Bernardo's main strength ?

For me its ( Control, retaining the ball under pressure, threat outside of the box )

According to that, I am sure there is no better position for him more than CM ( KDB, Silva )

Let him play regularly there and then judge him.

Pep should keep it simple here - play him and stop playing games with his head.

The guy went from best player of the 2018/19 season to be being benched. Something's not right there.

Just in case it was unclear, he was injured, that's why he wasn't on the bench.

He would have been there otherwise. Cancelo the same.

I think Dave's presence had a lot to do with this, and I don't think it was on merit.

Dave got the nod on seniority, leadership, and gratitude. I believe Bernado was the better Silva. As for this season, I expect him to take over at the 2nd 8 next to Kev.

His only real threat is Foden. I personally think Foden is now the 2nd best player at the club, even though he has to show it on the field.

So in my opinion, it depends on who Pep decides to dislodge. Berny at the 8 or Mahrez at the 7. Personally for this season, I'd dislodge Mahrez at the 7 in other to keep the front 3 press intense.

Gabby, Foden, Sterling/Torres. (Word is Torres is also an intense presser) so we might be on luck.

If that happens, Bernado (who also is an intense presser) improves us tremendously by compounding our press potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.