#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola: "Kevin gives us something Bernardo cannot, and Bernardo gives us something Kevin cannot. Sometimes you need more passes and Bernardo has the quality when you receive the ball with opponents behind him, to keep the ball, make three or four touches and give it..."

That’s what I was always talking about

For the first time we have seen Debruyne and Bernardo play together switching their pre-defined positions.
Kev as LCM and Bernardo as RCM.. And I think that's how they should play together..

Kev can play both positions. Gundogan and Bernardo can only play LCM (Gundo) and RCM (Bern), so it will be easier for Pep to make rotation. Because otherwise when Bernardo plays LCM and Kev still RCM - it's always difficult.

For the first time we have seen Debruyne and Bernardo play together switching their pre-defined positions.
Kev as LCM and Bernardo as RCM.. And I think that's how they should play together..

Kev can play both positions. Gundogan and Bernardo can only play LCM (Gundo) and RCM (Bern), so it will be easier for Pep to make rotation. Because otherwise when Bernardo plays LCM and Kev still RCM - it's always difficult.
But what your seeing is that Pep gave Bernie the RCM spot, he moved Kevin not Bernie.

Your right, these players can go in multiple positions, but Pep seems to be more comfortable moving KdB around and trusts him, but doesn't want to mess with what Bernie is doing atm. I think he made the right choice.

But what your seeing is that Pep gave Bernie the RCM spot, he moved Kevin not Bernie.

Your right, these players can go in multiple positions, but Pep seems to be more comfortable moving KdB around and trusts him, but doesn't want to mess with what Bernie is doing atm. I think he made the right choice.
As long as Bernie plays that RCM position - I'm happy :D <3

Just wanted to mention that this was the first game in the last 4 years - when Kev played LCM and Bern RCM.

Of course this was caused by Bernie`s fantastic form and overall understanding in the club that he does his best football when he plays there..

One interesting thing I noticed last night was that Bernardo, rather than a centre back or full back, was pretty much always the very first City player to engage and press/challenge Adama Traore when he got the ball. He would then be supported by Walker/Cancelo/Rodri or Dias if he didn’t immediately win it back. I have no idea how Pep or possibly Lillo came up with this plan as it looks a physical mismatch on paper but it worked a treat, pretty close to perfection. Proper 4D Chess stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.