#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You overestimate our power tk sell players. He will be sold for €50m and people will hail it as masterstroke here. Saul Swap is being discussed as reported by Mendes Mouthpiece Castles
We could sell him for a tub of Pringles and some of the clappers would be saying it’s a great piece of business because of Covid

I was slightly gutted when sane left but I’ll be devastated if Bernardo goes.
We rarely sell our best players so I just can’t understand this one. He’s such a typical pep player too: hard working, creative, versatile... don’t get it.

I thought he'd stay for 10 years, but he's a bit lost in the side at the moment and as I said previously, as soon as a striker comes in, he'll be back on the bench.

He could be brilliant at Atletico, they've not had a top quality creative player in attacking midfield who will also do the hard yards since Turan left.

If he wants to leave, we have to let him.
He’s actually perfect for Atletico. Playing on the right cutting it, but also putting in the yards. Can see why he wants to move, he’s had four successful years at City, some players just fancy a fresh challenge and that’s fine.

I thought he'd stay for 10 years, but he's a bit lost in the side at the moment and as I said previously, as soon as a striker comes in, he'll be back on the bench.

He could be brilliant at Atletico, they've not had a top quality creative player in attacking midfield who will also do the hard yards since Turan left.

If he wants to leave, we have to let him.

That was true until this season. Ironically their best player, Llorente, actually excelled this season in Bernardo's best position and has lots of similarities to Bernardo too. I'm sure Cholo can fit both into his team, they aren't stacked with creative midfielders, but it wouldn't be the first position I thought Atletico would look at. Equally, if the swap deal with Saul is to be believed, I didn't see us signing a classic CM before any other position either.

very difficult to replace Bernardo's work rate and versatility, but he always has to play second fiddle to Kev in the creative stakes. Think our setup is a lot more vulnerable without him because we already have no other legs in midfield.

Not sure why he would want to leave to be honest, other than the weather. He plays pretty regularly for arguably the best side in the world at the moment (that debacle in Porto notwithstanding). What’s the issue?
There was a stretch when B. Silva wasn't performing to his usual best - and he fell out of favor for awhile - often not starting. To me, it seems that B. Silva was upset by this, and wants to maybe play for a side where he'll start 100% of the time if he wants to start.

Hopefully we are able to retain B. Silva - I think that retaining him should be one of our highest priorities in the current transfer window.

Yes, we can lose Silva and still be successful - but we'd be even better off with him in our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.