Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has gone on long enough. He should accept the charge, pay the penalty and do an equality and diversity course. This is what any of us would have to do if it happened in our workplace.
No he shouldn't,it wasn't in his workplace and he didn't refer to his race or colour,no-one in the story is offended

No he shouldn't,it wasn't in his workplace and he didn't refer to his race or colour,no-one in the story is offended

Pretty sure that if I posted a photo on twitter of a robertson's golly alongside a photo of black colleague that I'd be disciplined by my employer regardless of whether it was in the workplace or not. Especially if it was clear from my twitter who my employer is.

The Portugal player, 25, is alleged to have committed an "aggravated breach" of FA rules as it included reference "expressed or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin".

I presume he can either accept or deny the charge. If he doesnt accept, are there additional penalties or does he forfeit any reduction in penalties, if he had accepted the charge?

I'm not saying it's the case here, however individuals may, if they continue to feel they didnt act in the way charged, not accept the charge even if they feel it would lead to higher penalties. My opinion is the FA will find against him. I'm sure City will do all they can to mitigate. Just interested in how he disciplinary process works in this alleged rule breach?
The word aggravated sound quite aggressive. I think the FA are going balls out to ban him for 6 games. If that does happen hope city come out swinging to appeal

Feel so sorry for Bernie to have his name tarnished. A lovely down to earth lad - would not blame him if he left this country. Its a fucking disgrace the witch hunt after him for absolutely fuck all. He will be properly down and now be labelled a racist for years when he is the complete opposite.
Every blue knows there was no malice or racist intent meant towards Mendy. I think Bernardo just needs to weather this shit storm created in order to destabilise him. No way should he be made to feel an outcast and leave City, but that's what the 'offended' snowflakes want, the FA and PL chiefs, BBC Sky and all the rest of the LFC loving media too. All in order to break the unity and harmony of our squad.

Hope you are right , the problem in all this are that we are not all together where is the support for Bernardo Pep has come out but was crucifty ied by his own fans on Blue Moon and 93:20 podcasts .
Bernardo and Pep have no roots to City and if the find that there own fans do not support them why should they stay ?
I dont think it nice to be called racist if you know that you are not .

I don't support Guardiola or Bernardo in what's gone on the last few weeks. Bernardo's tweet was a stupid joke which he should've known could get him in serious trouble. The fact he didn't speaks volumes about why people like myself and so many others found it ignorant in the first place. As for what Pep said afterwards, that was equally ignorant. The entire line about how it's "just a picture that looks like his friend" is the kind of defence you'd expect to hear at a Donald Trump rally, not from an urbane, well travelled football manager. Granted in the end Pep was probably just trying to defend his player, but it came off as as tone deaf as Bernardo's tweet.

I think I was pretty measured in what I said on the pod. I wanted to say a lot more, as I'd like to say a lot more on here too, but ultimately there's no point. It's clear there's very little appetite from a lot of people to think beyond the most facile and softest readings of this entire episode. It'll eventually blow over like most things in football do. But it hasn't painted the player or his coach in anything other than the most negative of lights IMO. Trying to turn this into the FA or the PL or the media having an agenda against the club is frankly laughable.

If this were happening at Liverpool I can imagine the moral high grounding on here would be next level. I also remember vividly the absolute furore from Blues when Kyle Walker dared make a joke during the title race. He was absolutely pilloried for it from every corner of our support. Odd then that we don't have the standards for racist imagery that we do for jokes about a title race.

So, according to a different football authority, being 30 seconds late is worse than racist chants?

Yep, that's right. Its up to the individual bodies to assign their punishments and how they all interpret each "offence". e.g. FFP is a UEFA rules, so doesn't Premier league games or team who aren't in CL.

It shows that if you are affecting sponsorship's the fees will be more (Us turning up late could affect the time schedule of tv stations), that's the priority for most governing bodies. Remember, Bendtner getting fined £70,000 for having paddy power on his gruds? Even more defiance towards the organisations sponsors and he get an even bigger fine, well beyond most other disciplinary matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.