Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cos the staff dare not to cross Pep. No one does at City. It's a shame and it's silly but yep... he's literally the most important man there and they want him totally happy. Ironically being a bit more hands on may have been the best way to ensure he remains happy as he was not prepared for dealing with this at all.

Really? That is poor judgement then because it has led to more harm than good. Pep as you say was Ill prepared for this and it showed. Interesting insight though.

What’s the betting that any potential ban would be around first week of November so Bernie misses Dippers and Rags.

I fully understand Sterling coming out in recent months about racism & the media attention it has received but a lot of people have totally miss understood the Bernardo tweet.
There is a major difference between being a racist & saying that someone looks like a cartoon character. If it was a white person he was compairing not one single word would have been said. Lets get this into perspective.
Whilst I agree with you it wasn't racist. It was a bit naive to think it was right to put it on social media. But the picture of young Mendy looks nothing like the cartoon character, except for the fact he's black. And you can't compare it to a white person in the same way. Throughout history it was primarily black and dark skinned people that were discriminated against. Not too many white slaves or instances being held back because of skin colour. The fact that mendy isn't offended is neither here nor there. They should kept it between themselves there would have been no issue. But as soon as he put it in the public domain he was always going to be condemned.

Mario got a week for a similar thing, I reckon Bernardo will get the same.

Hopefully lessons will be learned all round.

What, from giving you a near perfect summation of events?
No from chatting absolute submissive shit.

Why should anyone at our club apologize? Bernardo has done nothing wrong and you and anyone who disagrees is quite honestly pathetic.

I admire pep for telling the press to go fuck themselves and I wish some of our supporters had even an ounce of his character.

I fully understand Sterling coming out in recent months about racism & the media attention it has received but a lot of people have totally miss understood the Bernardo tweet.
There is a major difference between being a racist & saying that someone looks like a cartoon character. If it was a white person he was compairing not one single word would have been said. Lets get this into perspective.
+1 sir

Made the same point myself - I've posted quite a few comparison photos of colleagues (all of whom are caucasian) it's what happens in the work place.

This is blown TOTALLY out of proportion.

I haven't seen the other situation with the t-shirt/shorts - that is a different matter potentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.